Chapter 4

Melody's POV

The entire school day did absolutely nothing but drag on unnecessarily. Thankfully I managed to make it through my very first day, without drawing an excessive amount of attention towards myself. Except for in advanced math. Ugh. Stupid Mr River. But all in all I'd say today was somewhat of a success. Just making it through one day is an achievement. Now how many more until this nightmare finally ends?

I may or may not have considered breaking out into dance when the final bell rang. Staring blankly at a clock watching the seconds go by, is tedious. It's home time, finally! I can go home and annoy my brothers a little bit and do nothing. That sounds absolutely amazing after this long day. But I can only do nothing and procrastinate for so long before I have to do the devil's invention, homework. Stupid homework, couldn't teachers not give us homework. I mean there's only so much time during the day I want to dedicate to their subject in the first place. School is for work, home is for relaxation. It's not my fault they're incapable of completing their syllabus at school.

Chris walked me from our last class to my locker. Once we got there he leaned against one of the lockers next to mine while I organised my life and threw my books into the locker. Good riddance you unnecessary extra weight. Then I finally closed my locker and sighed out in relief. From there we took a slow leisurely walk to the parking lot. On our walk Chris and I complained about school, and joked around. When I made it to my car, Chris stopped me before I could get inside and asked if he could come over. Instead of answering him I gave him a deapend look before nodding at him, I didn't have the energy to answer his rather stupid question. What can I say, it's been a long day, and it's not over yet.

So we got into our respective cars and ventured onto my home. Only I realised that I really had no energy since I drove home a lot slower than I usually would.

Skip car ride

When we eventually made it to my house, I parked my car in its usual place and Chris parked his next to mine. Since he practically has his own demarcated parking spot too. We walked into the house and came face to face with all of my brothers and cousins standing in the living room. Looks like they were waiting for my arrival. They must have wanted to know how today went. Ugh. I think they saw my face and decided it was better not to ask, however that did not change the fact that they all shared both confused and concerned looks.

I guess I didn't need to explicitly explain that my first day was rather terrible, they could simply pick up on that by my facial expression. Or rather the lack of facial expression I was wearing. I'm hoping they decide to ask why a little later, I really don't want to get into the intricacies of today. But then I think about it, knowing them they're not going to give me breathing room and will pester me about today anyway. It's their way of showing that they care. After all they are my obnoxiously overprotective older brothers and cousins.

Once they remove their focus from me, they see Chris standing behind me. I stand back and watch each and every one of the eleven of them do their weird bro-hug thing while I simply roll my eyes at their antics and head to the kitchen. I make my way to the fridge and take out a bottle of water that I almost immediately start drinking.

The crowd obviously follows me into the kitchen. Where each of them finds a spot to either sit or to lean against something. Ash and Mase are leaning against the kitchen counter positioned in the middle of the kitchen directly opposite where I'm standing by the fridge. Chase and Austin are standing in the entryway into the kitchen. Xander, Greyson, Hunter and Liam take up four seats at the kitchen counter. Jace leans against the stove and Dylan leans against the pantry cupboard. Chris ends up being the odd man out and stands in no man's land somewhere in the middle of the kitchen. Silence washes over us for a few minutes, but I know that they are all silently observing me, waiting for some kind of reaction out of me.