Chapter 9

Alec's POV

I grumbled as I awoke from a restless night of sleep. I groggily rubbed the fists of my hand against my eyes, in an attempt to remove the sleepiness from my being. My only thought last night had been my mate. My mind circled around her on a loop until I finally managed to succumb to sleep, but even then my thoughts revolved around her. At one point during the night I had a nightmare about losing her, it caused me to jerk awake completely startled. Then when reality set in I realized that that had actually happened. Yet, I couldn't stop thinking about her and her beauty. She was beyond perfect. I needed to find her before I lost myself to insanity. The most beautiful women I have ever set my eyes on. My mate.

Maybe the change of pace is good for me, I usually have young women trying to throw themselves at me, but the only one I want runs far away from me. It's been a bit of a wakeup call. Most women see me as a young successful and powerful Alpha, so they try their luck. None of them have managed to succeed. I may have had a night stand or two-a man has needs. But I felt like absolute shit afterwards, I kept beating myself up over the fact that I hadn't waited for my mate. A decision I came to regret, which is when I decided to focus all my attention towards my responsibilities and the pack, while searching for my mate.

I sighed, shoving the comforter off of my body, I attempted to get out of bed but I failed miserably. Instead my legs get tangled in the sheets and I fall face first towards my hard floor. I grumbled out curses when my face made contact with the floor as a thud echoed through my otherwise silent bedroom. Grumbling some more I untangle myself, only to trip over myself once more. So much for being a co-ordinated fearsome Alpha, at the moment I feel like a child incapable of standing on their own two feet yet. When I finally do manage to free myself from the supposedly innocent bedding I wandered off to shower, hopefully a cold shower will wake me up a little bit more. After spending the night thinking of my mate, a cold shower was exactly what I needed.

My shower was mind numbingly cold but swift. I realised in the shower that I didn't bother to check the time when I woke up. Knowing it was better to hurry up because it was beyond unprofessional for an Alpha to turn up late for a one on one meeting with another Alpha without a valid reason. It gives the other Alpha a reason to question your position. I was in no mood to handle a situation of that nature if one arose before my meeting with Alpha Ashton of the Lakewood Pack. I did not need the new Alpha in the area to question my respect for him or to challenge my position as the Head of the New York Territories Packs Council.

The meeting is merely a formality, we need to go over some of the expectations and rules of being a part of the New York Territories Packs Council, but it's actually more to welcome the new Alpha and his pack. Other than the packs sharing a high school and a couple of other amenities, and the malls there are a few occasions when all the packs get together for socials. Otherwise those amenities are basically a neutral territory. In this meeting the Alpha of Lakewood will be singing a treaty agreeing to the terms set out by the New York Territories Packs Council.

I rush out of my shower and hastily put on a casual outfit. The meeting is like I said technically a formality but that doesn't mean I have to be dressed formally thankfully. It's too hot and humid at the moment to be in a stuffy suit. Deciding that a plain black jeans and a white v-neck was more than appropriate I drift off downstairs, stopping only to collect my black biker leather jacket and car keys on my way out of my room. In my rush I take two steps at a time hurrying to get to my car, having had no time to brush my hair I slip my hand through my hair to neaten it up a little bit.

On my way to the garage I encounter a few pack members who greet me and tilt their heads down in submission, I send a nod of acknowledgement their way. I make a quick stop by the kitchen, knowing that's where I will find my mom. I give her a kiss on the cheek good morning before I climb into my BMW and speed off to the Lakewood territory.