Chapter 11.3

Alec's POV

I watch as my twin sister's shoulders tense as she hears me behind her. As I lift my arm to spin her around and force some answers out of her she runs in the direction she was facing. My arm slacks to my side in defeat and I release a threatening growl. The sound of my growl makes it hard to hear her friend, who she was talking to call out her name as she rushes off away from us. I can't believe an asshole had enough guts to reject my sister and that she would keep that from not only me but from our parents as well. I can only imagine that they are unaware because if they had known my father would have called a meeting with me to discuss the matter. Both hands at my side tighten into fists as the frustration of this situation settles in as I watch Ava rush into the girls bathroom. Before I have a chance to stalk over to the bathroom and pull the door off of its hinges a gentle voice stops me in my tracks.

"I will try and get Ava out of the bathroom so that you two can talk things over, it's not exactly appropriate for a seething Alpha to walk into the girls room. If there's anyone else in the bathroom your presence and anger will cause them to run away with their tails in between their legs," says Alpha Ashton's sister Melody.

I'm slightly surprised that I didn't notice that it was her that was talking to my sister. I guess I was hurt by the lack of knowledge and then the anger that settled in.  I'm going to kill the fucking asshole who thought it would be okay to reject his gift from the goddess. The wolf will be six feet underneath the ground before the sun has a chance to set this evening. Then I will dance on his grave. Huh, maybe he doesn't deserve a six foot grave, a shallow one maybe more fitting for the asshole.

Since I'm so angry I'm mid shift and my canines and claws are all out I don't verbally answer Melody, instead I give her a subtle nod and watch as she rushes off to the bathroom as well. Once she's disappeared behind the bathroom doors I notice the silence in the hallway and realize that the bell must have gone already. Perfect now no nosy wolves will be present for my discussion with my sister.

I start pacing in an attempt to calm my growing anger. Up and down the hallway I go waiting for the girls to return. Five minutes later and I've managed to regain some control, my claws and canines have disappeared but my anger brews closely beneath the surface of my facade of control. Once I feel calm enough that I'm not at  the risk of shifting and charging after the asshole I lean against one of the lockers the girls were standing by. From the scent, I deduce that I must be leaning against Melody's locker. My arms crossed over my chest and one leg crossed over the other. My fingers tapping away on my biceps. My facial expressions pulled taunt in anger. A few more minutes pass before Melody and Ava make their way out of the bathroom. Melody's one arm is wrapped around Ava's shoulder, it gives the illusion of Melody side hugging Ava. But I know better, it's probably the only thing that is keeping Ava upright.

I straighten as they come up in front of me. I grab ahold of Ava's arm in case she decides that she cannot keep her own body weight upright. Melody eases her arm off from around Ava. Melody grabs a hold of Ava's one hand and says,

"Ava, tell your brother about what happened with your mate. I'll make up an excuse as to why you're not in class. Take all the time you need, any work you miss I'll grab for you, okay?"

Ava who looks like she's choking down on tears simply nods at her friend, which causes Melody to give her hand another squeeze and tells Ava,

"No matter what has happened, everything will be okay. That jerk didn't deserve you Ava dont forget that." then she turns to me and says,

"Go easy on  her," with a small smile on her face before she walks off to class and disappears from my sight. Leaving me and my twin sister alone to talk.