Catnipz - wont work out

Minji pov

I stared at her from afar as it put a smile on my face seeing her every day, "Minji?? Hellooo earth to Kim Minji?" My best friend Hanni tried to get my attention.

She knew I liked this girl but she wasn't very approving of it.

Only because she was a loner.

I mean, what's wrong with being a loner? You're still a human being just lonely.

You see, me and Hanni are well known people but Haerin the girl I kinda like? Shes out of our league so Hanni tries to not let us interact whenever I try to.

It makes me mad but I know shes just trying to keep my so called 'popular' girl image.

"Oh yeah sorry Hanni whats up?" I asked as I finally brought my attention towards her, judging by her face she looked annoyed.

"Never mind.. you were just wasting your eyesight on the loser over there" she pouted while she looked at Haerin sitting alone.

I felt bad sometimes because I always pay attention to her whenever Hanni tries to talk to me..

Am I a bad friend?

"You heard about the project we're doing in science?" I tried to make up a convo with the sad girl.

"Yeah! I think our teacher is picking our pairs though" she cutely pouted as I pinched her cheeks "awweee" I see her blush a bit.

Out of embarrassment? I dont know.

As we entered our science class we were talking to a couple of people we knew nearby till our teacher came.

"Hello class, I will be picking your pairs for the project which will be related to anything, of course science related"

He started to call out the pairs.

Me and Hanni hoped we would be paired together but sadly we werent.

"Hanni and... Danielle"

Hanni made eye contact with her as she stood up and walked away.

Me and Hanni made eye contact as she faked cry, I couldnt help but laugh.

"Minji and.. Haerin" Hannis facial expression suddenly became into an annoyed one.

"Sir I think Minji wants to do it alo-"

"Ms Pham I dont care if she wants to do it alone she's going to do it with Haerin either way" He sternly looked at Hanni as she looked embarrassed.

I could feel Hannis glare for Haerin as I walked towards her table.

Everyone in our class was chatting as our table... kinda quiet.

I was uncomfortable because she would sometimes stare at me for a minute which felt like hours.

"Um so what should our project be on?" I asked as she looked towards me "Look, Ill do all the work and you just chill okay? Your ideas arent worth my time" she sighed and wrote down multiple things as I sat there offended.

I didnt even have any ideas to begin with?!

I softly glared at her as I began to sketch random things in my notepad.

"Ms Kang, Ms Kim what will you guys be working on?" I began to panic as he smiled at us waiting for an answer.

"We're working on what would life be without plants sir" Haerin gave him a short smile as he nodded and walked away.

"Do you even know what would life be without plants?" I gave her a weird look as she looked at me without emotion AGAIN "we would be dead what else? Do you not know the simple things in life?" I scoffed "rude"

Surely my small crush on this girl is gone for sure.

Shes too rude to be my crush.

Short story im so sorry but I just wanted to say Ill take a small break from wattpad :(

But you will see me update during spring break!

Cya guys in a bit