Welcome Home

*Wednesdays POV*

                    I wake up to a man reaching over me to take my luggage, it's Lurch.
                       I move to the side, getting out of the car, It's night. My favorite.

I see my parents holding hands and walking up to me with a smug smile on they're face.

"Welcome home darling"
"We've missed you"
     They say with opened arms expecting a hug. The sight makes me nauseous.

"When will I be going back to nevermore?" I ask ignoring the hug invitation.

They put there arms down and look at each other, then back at me. "There wasn't much damage but people died. They're probably just looking for teachers and giving they're students a break, but I'd expect soon"
My father mumbled

"Excellent, that gives me time." I walk away while my parents have a confused look on there face.

       I get to my room. It somewhat looks like the room I was given in nevermore. Same window, Same size, .... no color. I take a deep breathe in as a subtle smile creeps on my face.

Something about being home brings back the old heartless me, the one that didn't go out of her way to save someone's life or one to second guess myself when I feel like torturing my brother.

analyzing my phone, I walk over to my desk and sit down, placing down my type writer and starting to unpack.

I've finished my novel and wouldn't use this anymore but my therapist told me it would be good for me to write down my thoughts and feelings with it. I hate any Talk that has to deal with emotions, she doesn't know she's torturing ME with this task. But my parents are making me do it.

I look up and pause from taking my clothes out of my luggage before demanding " you can come out now."

I hear distant fingertips on the floorboard, thing walks over. "Now about this stalker." I say while helping him onto my desk. And placing my phone on the table.

                                                                 *Enids POV*

I get out of the car as my parents walk up to me. My mom has her hand in her other, pinching herself. I can already tell she's dying to ask. I sigh then smile trying to clear the tension
"Are you hurt" my mother says with a sorry look.

Im shocked why would she ask that? does she really care? I stop smiling for a second only to continue Smiling even harder at the thought that she cares for my health.

"Im perfectly fine!" I say "well I got attacked and scratched as you can see." I say jokingly while pointing to my face "but I'm okay!"

"Im very glad" she says looking at her husband, he smiles too.
As we enter the house I run up to my room, jumping on my bed smiling "I MISSED YOU" I say hugging my stuffed animals I couldn't bring to nevermore.

This beautiful moment is of course interrupted. I stood up at the sound of banging and footsteps of multiple people stumbling, and running at my door.

I get up not knowing what it is. Just then my door barged open. It's my brothers, smiling and pushing each other. They run up to me and enter me into a group hug that I'm somehow In the center of. I'm not complaining though, I love hugs! I hugged them back, resting my head on one's shoulder.

"WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH"
"IT WASNT THE SAME WITHOUT YOU"
"ARE YOU OKAY"
"WHAT HAPPENED AT NEVERMORE?"

I'm overwhelmed with questions by them as I Exit the hug. "Ill explain everything after I eat, I'm STARVING."

—————
617 words