Mission

*Enids POV*

After we kissed our relationship has been kind of quiet, mostly full of stares or eyeing one another, gifts, and, random kisses. I wouldn't call it awkward but we don't talk as much as we did, don't get me wrong we still talk a lot but just a tiny bit less. We Mostly talk about the "invasion" or whatever you'd like to call it that's planned on nevermore, she's been studying what exactly that means and what she can expect would happen when they arrive or if they are actually going to.

If it's going to be like last year or different, if they should tell the principal about this or if she should keep it to the students who know. she feels like it would take too long to build up the trust of the new principal, that she might end up the same as Weem if she and other teacher staff try to help.

There's also deciding the proper training for everyone so they wouldn't be getting killed of course and would be able to protect the weak.

As much as she hides it she truly does care about good and evil, she is truly good.

Even though we're dating Wednesday still barley smiles, I know I've broken some boundaries or walls shes put up but I want her to be comfortable around me, to show me when she's happy, her smile really looks good on her.

We haven't gone public about us being together yet because Wednesday claims "there's no reason too." Which of course there is so I'm planning on telling Yoko and Divina tomorrow when we all meet up at the cafeteria. it was so hard keeping it to myself the first month but I got through it!

I turn onto my back while laying on my bed to stare at the celling while waiting for Wednesday to get back from her "mission" to collect data or whatever, she never gives me details but all I know is she said she'd be back around 12 and it's now 12:01 which means she's late, and I need someone to be here when I wolf out.

Just then the door slips open and she slides in quickly without saying a word, she stops and glances over at me for a moment before turning back and walking to her desk.
She let her mask slip and only for a second I could tell eyes were full of worry.

"Woah, what happened?" I ask quickly, while getting off my bed and pacing over to the girl who was now packing up all the papers spread across her desk.

"I need to go." She says in a heavy voice without turning to make eye contact.
"Why? What happened?" I say as I feel my face fill up red with emotions while my heart drops just from watching the girl move so quickly.

She stops and pauses before turning to me.

"I went back to that base, I saw it, I saw everything."

"Wait. YOU WENT BACK?!

She nods

I shake my head in disbelief as to why would even think about going back.

"I already told you, I went to collect information.

I purse my lips before continuing. "What did you see?"

She glances down, then back up at me. "The woman, she built it, her army."

My face fills with worry before turning into confusion. "Why are you leaving?" I look back up at her as she walks closer to me before grabbing my head and kissing my forehead, pulling back, her face full of sorrow.

"They're coming for my family first before they come for anyone else."

She turns back around, continuing on with the packing.

"why would they go for your family?!" I say trying to push down my emotions.

"That woman, she blames me for what happened. Oprarently her and my family have history, not the good kind. She wants me to suffer by killing everyone I....Love." I could see her head turn a bit while saying that last part.

"Wouldn't that mean me too?" I ask, mostly in curiosity as to what her answer would be.

She sighs, "Yes. Which is why you can't stay here." She says before walking over to her cello.
"I bought a train ticket for you to go home." She says casually while pulling a cello casing from under her bed.

"What?!" I say before she cuts me off. "You need to leave here you cannot stay, you do realize what I said, yes? They're going to come after you too." She says raising her voice, impatiently, turning and grabbing my arm.

"Wednesday I can't leave."

She stares at me quietly.

"My mom is going to kick me out of the pack if I even think about ditching, I'd rather die if that means I'll be alone." I say, bringing my head down.

"But you won't be alone." She whispers.

"I can't." I repeat as she clenches her jaw.

Just then the silence was interrupted by a knock at the door, making me jump and quickly open the door, revealing Yoko.

She looked down at me then up at Wednesday "why is she packing?" She questions.

"Just, it's a long story, how come your here?" I ask

"Your parents are here, I hope you guy haven't forgotten it's parents weekend today, Your mom made me come up and tell you to come down and visit the rest of the family, Sorry E."
Yoko says before glancing over at Wednesday who stopped packing.

"Are my parents here?" She asks as I turn to her, she was staring directly at Yoko.

"Uh no, I haven't seen them. Only Enids, But hey if they do come which one do you thinks getting arrested this time?" She laughs in a joking manor.

"Yoko!" I quickly turn to her and grab her arm while Wednesday stays quiet, Yoko has no self control.

"Oh sorry, sorry, I was joking." She claims while holding her mouth.

"No filter." I say while shaking my head at her.

"I didn't take offense." Wednesday says dryly

"Can you at least stay till parents weekend is over?" I say while walking over and taking Wednesdays hand, forgetting Yoko still doesn't know about us. I can feel her gaze glued to both the back of my head and Wednesdays face.

Wednesday glances at our hands before sighing and clenching her jaw once more and, nodding.

"Your leaving?" Yoko steps forward to join us at Wednesdays desk.

"Wednesday went back to that place, she said there's an army coming, first thing that they're going to do is an assassination attempt on her..family." I say, glancing over at Wednesday who bowed her head slightly, in thought at my words.

"It's gonna be okay." I shake her shoulder as she looks up at me with the same lifeless eyes she shows everyone, only a little bit softer for me.

She's been getting really tense, I mean anyone would be in the type of situation she's in but it's her, yet even before this she's just been carrying around so much anxiety that's it's starting to be a real burden to her. I think it's bad I believe her on what she saw but I struggle to put myself in her shoes since I wasn't even there to witnessed what she saw.

I don't know how I'm supposed to act like I believe they might come at some point but for some reason I don't have the urges to run away like I'm supposed too.

"We need to get everyone together, I've made up my mind that it's best to take matters into the schools hands for the time being that I'm not here." She pulls her hand away from mine to give proper attention to both of us.

"After parents weekends I need to go home and make sure nothing happens there."
She says while making her way to the door as me and Yoko both nod and join her.

-
1341

Kinda shorter but I still did it,
It's 3:33 am rn.

I'm def not gonna be able to post a lot in a while but I doubt any of u guys care anyways so u can wait. Byee