Boom

*wednesdays pov*
—————————

  I placed down some gunpowder leading to the big gas tank as Jason lead Monica out of the room so she wouldn't be affected by the blast.

"Okay, ready?" Jason says as he quickly walks back into the room. I nod my head, standing up and twisting the handle of the gas tank as a sharp noise escapes, followed by white, flammable, smoke pushing its way through the air.

  I quickly ran to Jason pushing him out of the room so we wouldn't inhale the gas. We hid behind the door while I held the lighter. With my right hand I pressed down the button as flames extinguished. I paused for a moment, looking at Jason. He nods quickly as I look back and toss the lighter onto the gunpowder.

  Almost immediately the gun powder flew up in sparks. Both me and Jason got up and started running down the hallway as we heard a loud explosion in the back of the hallway, Shaking the entire building, making my ears ring. It felt as if someone stabbed a sharp needle through them. Quickly I stopped running as we then ran back to the door, trying to make our way down to the basement before any guards could.

  As we approached the burned and broken door, we carefully made our way into the basement. It was just a staircase leading to into pitch black but we started walking down it.

"You really think he's down here?" Jason asks as we start walking into the darkness. "I believe she wouldn't lie." I reply "Yeah but how do you know? I mean I get your doing this for your friends but we don't know what could be down here. I mean it's not like I couldn't take it on, but I mean in other words what about Yoko and everyone els-" "Your talking to much." I say, glaring at him.

"Pfft" He laughs mockingly.

"So what's up with the whole.."If you look at me wrong I'll kill you" act? Or acting like you don't care about anyone? For someone who hates feelings you always let them slip.

"Enough questions Jason." I say in an annoyed voice.

"Right sorry." He says with a laugh as we finally made our way to the Basement.

"Ow!"   "What?"   "....something poked my eye." Jason says in a whiny voice. I raised my flashlight at him, exposing a small metal string connected to the ceiling.

Jason Looks it up and down before pulling it in a downward direction, making a bright light shine throughout the entire room. "Woah." Jason says making me turn around to look at a bunch of cages on each side of the room.

I walked up to one. There was...people?

They quickly looked up and shoved back to the wall as their breathe left faster now. I place a hand on the bar examining their living conditions. Their gaze softened once they realized I wasn't going to hurt them. as some started crying. There faces were covered in blood and dirt, they were beaten and starved so badly as too where I couldn't recognize them as people.

*Clank* I quickly turned to see several other people in other cages holding the bars, staring at me.

"WEDNESDAY, OVER HERE." Jason yells as he opened a cage door.

I made my way to Jason as he helps up a kid off the ground.
"Eugene!" I yell as I run up to him holding his stomach. "He must of fainted, Maybe because of the explosion. But He was awake a few moments ago."Jason says as he lifts him up over his shoulder. A sniffling sound was heard from the corner of the cage. a small and feeble child walked out with tears in his eyes but he had a straight face. Even as the tears fell.

  He was just staring at Eugene. Seeing even children like this makes me scared to think about any of the horrible things they could've done to Enid already.