The balcony

*Enids POV*

                                                   The moon could never be prettier, it's light shined throughout the entire castle, listing everything in its path.

           I look over at Wednesday who looks lost in thought "what's on your mind Wednesday?"She looks up making eye contact "I-

She looks up making eye contact "I-... "she holds eye contact for a moment, before looking at the ground "well I'm just thinking of " she pauses again before continuing "doesn't matter that much really" how long have we been friends and she still never tells me anything. I Look back at the moon.

*Wednesdays POV*

     I look down, why did my face light up like that when she touched me. Why did I even let her touch me. I never felt nervous when I was with her last time I was at nevermore. Or maybe I did. Really it doesn't make sense to me.

I stare at her as the moons light shines down on her. I don't know why, but I can't Take my eyes off her. Maybe it's the way the moon perfectly shines off her face, the way her eyes light up. The way her eyes are so gentle.

She turns to look at me with a "what?" look

    "I was lost in thought" I say, not admitting I was staring. Why do I feel this way all of a sudden. Or why am I just now taking note of it. Maybe this feeling...god I hate this feeling.

I won't let anything happen to her this year. I swear it.

I Look back up at the moon.

*Enids POV*

WHY IS SHE STARRING ITS MAKING ME NERVOUS. I'm looking at the moon but I can feel her gaze. It's not like I don't like it. I mean not like that. I mean..
I just wanna know what's up with her. She seems more quieter then last time at nevermore. Maybe the fight with Crackstone changed her. It was definitely a scary day, and I wasn't even there to make sure she was okay during that fight so I can't even say I know what happened.

Crap, I haven't been talking this whole time, I was just lost in thought. Hopefully she didn't think it was an awkward silence or something. Say something Enid, say something.

"Where Saturn?" I say questionably.

Really "where's Saturn"  oh my lord.

She lifts her hand lifelessly and points a big glowy looking star. Or planet I should say.

"How do you know?" I ask

She looks at me then looks back at the star and pauses. "It's golden." I smile at her, of course she knows about space too, what does she not know about.

she looks at my eyes then my lips then my eyes before speaking up. "We should get to sleep" as I nod and follow her inside.

467 words