The layer

*Yokos POV*
————————

"Yoko what the hell happened?" Emiko says running up to me and tapping me on the shoulder. "All I know is enid saw something that spooked her and Wednesdays still out there, I haven't heard back from Jason where is he?" I ask turning to Enid, She was shaking "I- I don't know where Wednesdays is, He's with her." She says not making eye contact "What did you see Enid?" I ask

She looks at me not answering, she was about to say something but heard someone behind her and breathing heavy. It was Wednesday "WEDNESDAY WHERE THE HELL WHERE YOU! ARE YOU OKAY?" Enid yells at Wednesday, She starred at Enid, taking deep but fast breathe still not replying. Something happened I could tell. Enid pauses before walking up to her and tucking her head in Wednesdays neck and putting her hands on Wednesdays chest as Wednesday hugs her with one hand on her back and one hand on her head, closing her eyes. "Wednesday." I say walking up to her and stopping as I'm in front of her.

"Where is Jason." I look up at her with a pleading look as she takes one more deep breathe.

"He found me in the woods. He saved me, something took him. He's hurt bad, we need to go." She says letting go of Enid, we could all hear the guilt in her voice that she tried to hard to hide.

Emiko gasps, stepping back

9he's..hurt?" I ask "I don't know how long he can last with the wound he took in." She says with a sorry look. "No splitting up, everyone follow me." Wednesday says.

*Wednesdays POV*          My writers block just disappeared 😭 I'm ready to write!!
———————————

  "This is the cave that, that monster took him in. If you want to leave nows your chance." I say while exchanging flashlights with Yoko since hers is the only one still working. "How are you doing Wednesday?" Yoko says, looking at me. I Pause before answering "If something were to happen to Enid here, I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself." I sigh before finishing. "If I'm not able to, please protect her in there." I say in response. As she nods.

"what about you? I know you like Jason." She almost looked shocked that I asked that. "Well I'm- im holding on.. If he doesn't make it out alive... I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself either." She says looking down in guilt. I don't know what overcame me seeing as I hate any physical contact but decided to place my hand on her shoulder and say "We will find him. He will live." To give her the comfort she needed. Even if I couldn't keep that promise, she needed motivation to keep going. She nods, I could see tears forming in her eyes.

I turn to the rest of the group "If no one's leaving then follow from a distance behind me." "...Enid." I called out holding out my hand with a straight face. She looked up at me and took my hand and even though she was scared, she smiled.

We started walking. It was dark, there was only 1 flashlight, I could hear splashes of water every time anyone took a step behind me. The water was above ankle height. I could still see a little bit of blood under the water where Jason was dragged. even if most of it was washed by the water. We're getting close. "Wednesday I don't like this." I could hear Enid whimper under her breathe behind me. "You had the chance to leave." I say coldly. "I'm only here to find Jason..even tho we don't have the best relationship, we're all family." She says. "Family?" I ask under my breathe

Before Enid could say anything we ended up in the middle of a circle. A big circle, there was a collection of random things, thousands of things. Bones, bikes, human made things. It was all in a huge pile in the center of the room "What the hell.." Yoko says.

Everything went quiet, but the quietness was interrupted by what sounded like choking, all of us turned to the left to see Jason sitting right there with his head down. But he didn't have skin color anymore, at this point all there was, was red. Blood. "JASON!" Yoko says running up to him, he was choking on his own blood but managed to spit out "r-r-run.." "WERE NOT LEAVING YOU" Emiko yelled.

I leaned down and sat on my knees inspecting his wounds. "Jason, tell me exactly what you saw." I said. Enid sat down beside me, holding my arm. "They're...coming." He said. Everyone ignored his warnings again "Wednesday can he be saved?" Enid whimpered "Normally if a person suffered the same wounds he has they wouldn't be able to be saved. But Jason isn't human..are you." I say looking up at him. He didn't answer, he looked so tired.

I took his hand and got him standing while Yoko held his stomach as he put on arm around her shoulder. "We can get you out of here but you need to tell us what happened." I say while turning to look at Enid. She looked scared, I wish I could do something. "I remember pushing you and getting stabbed by this...figure? I don't even remember exactly what it looked like but all I know is it was definitely not as ugly as Emiko" He says smirking over at Emiko, to cheer everyone up."HEY!" Emiko says everyone laugh. I smiled "Let's get you home." Yoko says holding his face and giving him a comforting smile. There was a pause before he slowly grabs her hand and pulls her in for a kiss, she kisses back. It was a sweet but fast kiss I had to suffer through watching.

I could hear Enid squeal in excitement almost forgetting completely where we are. We all did. But this Sweet and disgusting Moment was interrupted by screaming and groaning, Roars and footsteps. It was running towards us in the path that we used to get here. Go!" I say pushing Enid first then everyone infront of me through a new pathway not knowing where it would lead to.

"GO GO GO" Emiko yelled. I pushed everyone to the side, There was a door. I don't know why but there was a door in the sewer. "Go inside" I say calmly as everyone runs through the door. I was the last one to walk through but as soon as I did I closed it, making the whole room pitch black. There was water everywhere and the room kept going, there was no light but I knew the room was huge, bigger then a gym. I felt everyone in a group near the wall. It was quiet though.

It's been 2 minutes before I finally heard the monster walk away. "I think it's gone" Enid says "Wait." I say holding her chest, pushing her back.

Everyone was shivering, the water was freezing. But Everyone was calming down. I was calming down until the most unsettling thing I could think of happened.

"Come here!" A happy, very familiar voice sounded across the whole room as everyone immediately got quiet.
"Come here!" Was heard again in the exact voice it was said last time, as if it was being played on a recording.

It wasn't unsettling because it was a happy voice, or even because whatever said it was in the room with us.

but because it was my own voice calling out to us.

———————
1283 words.