19- Domino Effect

Why do I have so many thoughts?

Emma's P.O.V

When I woke up, Grayson wasn't there. I was cold, and even wrapping myself in the blankets did nothing. I decided to get up, but found that I had no strength. I sneezed, once, twice, three times. I sunk back in to bed, hoping to get some more rest.

A few hours later....

Grayson's P.O.V

It's almost lunch time. Clair should be up by now.

I wound my way through the halls, searching for Clair. I returned to my room, and found her bodyguard outside. When I entered, I saw a spectacular sight.

Clair is sleeping in my bed. Adorable.

Quickly, I pulled out my phone, snapping a picture. No one would ever know, so why not? I walked over to wake her up, when I saw how pale she was. I put my hand up to her forehead, which was freezing cold. 

I shook her awake, "Clair, how long were you in that pool yesterday?" I questioned, not expecting a straightforward answer.

She was half asleep, "About three hours, why?" I pulled the covers back over her, and went to grab a warm towel. I placed it over her head, and gave her some cold medicine.

She stared at me, "What's this for?"

I made her take her temperature: 100.2 degrees Fahrenheit.

She gave a long "Hmmm" and returned back to her sleeping position. That meant that I had to take care of her. I called Height Country Day, informing them that Clair would be out for the rest of the week. I sent someone to get her paperwork, because I knew she'd freak out if she didn't get her work done. Afterwards, I set out to do all of Clair's daily jobs. I cleaned, I gardened, I even did the laundry.

A/N: Has anyone ever noticed how they never mention anything about cleaning their clothes? They just have new clothes to wear, but don't mention washing the old ones. Does Hawthorne House even have a washer and dryer?

I started to realize how much Clair did around the house, solely because she was bored. Personally, I would never. When I returned to my room, I smelled of earth and soap. Clair was awake, cradling her head. I immediately reached for the bottle of Ibuprofen, and handed her two with a glass of water. 

"Do you need anything?" I asked, wanting to help her.

"I'm kind of cold, your shirt isn't warm anymore." I smirked, pulling my shirt off. I handed it to her, and she put it on over top of the first shirt. I laughed, and she blushed, before burying herself in my bed.

I headed to the bathroom and changed into a pair of sweats. Afterwards, I joined her, crawling into the bed.

"You're gonna get sick" She wined, pushing away from me.

I chuckled, "One: I won't get sick, two: this is my bed, and three: I'm taking care of you" When I pulled her closer to my side, she didn't resist. Even though she was sick, she was still the perfect amount of warm.

The next few days consisted of the same things. Me taking care of her, her complaining, her saying I was gonna get sick, me denying it. I did all of her jobs, as well as mine.

One night, I crawled into bed, "You look exhausted" She remarked, holding me close.

I gave a small chuckle, "Yeah, I've been quite the busy man" She bolted up in bed, causing me to freak out.

"What? What's wrong?" She didn't answer me, just leaned in closer.

"You have bags under your eyes, you need sleep" With that, she flopped down and cuddled into me.

The next morning, I awoke to the smell of breakfast, and an empty bedside. I panicked, bolting out of the room.

"Clair! Clair, where are you?" I wandered the house, finding her in my office. 

"Clair! What are you doing here, I've been looking all over for you" I was stern, but not rude. 

She shrugged it off, "You've been doing everything, and I figure you shouldn't have to"

I shook my head, and walked over to my desk. I spun the chair around to face me.