Chapter 5

Cemeteries were dull.

Evangeliya walked ahead of Katherine, who was avoiding puddles and tiptoeing with her heels on. Damon had finally been informed of who they were looking for, and what relation he had to Klaus. Part of him didn't seem to believe it, from what Evangeliya gathered. Then again, Damon was an idiot.

There was no telling how Mikael would react. With any luck, she and Katherine would be strong enough to subdue him if there was need for it after he was awoken.

Katherine was excited, though she wouldn't voice it. From the moment she and Evangeliya stood together at the entrance of the cemetery, face to face, she'd been in a bad mood. Evangeliya didn't feel any better being near her again. She wanted it over as soon as possible.

"I heard Jeremy's cheating on Bonnie with a ghost," said Katherine boredly as they walked toward the Pickett Mausoleum. "Anna."

"Don't even mention that sweet girl," warned Evangeliya, tucking her hands in her pockets. "Pearl and Anna were our first friends, they taught us to be vampires. I'll always appreciate it, always respect them. You clearly didn't value them as much as they deserved, after everything they did for us. Speak their names again and I will make sure it is the last time you are able to speak at all. Best not besmirch their names with your lying, deceitful tongue."

Katherine rolled her eyes; Evangeliya sensed it. "Кучка," Katherine muttered. (T: Bitch.)

"Предател," replied Evangeliya. (T: Traitor.) "Don't start with me. I will leave you to rot in in the ground here and you will not participate in the plan."

"Klaus knows Elena's alive," Katherine continued, filling what she perceived to be awkward silence. It wasn't awkward at all. Evangeliya had no desire to talk. "And he turned Tyler."

"I receive the same updates you do," said Evangeliya. "I know what is going on over there. I also know Damon name-dropped Mikael after Stefan's humanity was shut off. Klaus is gone, Rebekah was left behind. Today, I think, they are all at school together. Apparently, Rebekah joined the cheerleading squad. I do hope Klaus signed her permission slip. Oh, look. Speak of the devil..." she raised her phone to show an unknown number was calling her. "How much do you want to bet–?" She answered, "да?" (T: Yes?)

"Здравей Евангелия," replied Klaus. "Казаха ми, че си играеш с огъня, планирайки да събудиш Микаел." (T: Hello Evangeliya. I'm told you are playing with fire, planning to wake up Mikael.)

She smiled, even if he couldn't see it. "Goodbye, Klaus."

"Now, now, love," he said before she could hang up. "You risk more waking him. Abandon this silly quest. Why, you did not wrong me as Katerina did. Though I would adore torturing you for that stunt you pulled with Elijah, I am willing to grant you your freedom if you–"

"Nice try," said Evangeliya. "I think I'll be perfectly safe from Mikael once he realizes how much mutual hatred we have for you. Some of us are honorable. He admires that, doesn't he? You told me about him, I know how to appeal to him. In fact... I already have. Nothing can save you, Klaus. He's coming for you, and so am I. I have nothing left to lose. You took everything from me. I'll have your life as payment. And don't–" she added when she heard a sharp breath, as if he was preparing to snarl at her, "start spewing threats at me. I don't care what you have to say. You can't hurt me. There's no one left that I love thanks to you and your brother. If I die leading Mikael to you, then I'll at least be at peace knowing you've met your demise. Довиждане, Клаус." (T: Goodbye, Klaus.)