Balls and Answers

I rush out of my room to find the officer talking to Duchess Inca. Once the officer sees me, a smile makes its way to her face.

She curtsies and I hug her tightly as the Duchess watches on in silence. Tears fill my eyes as I hug her tighter.

"It's nice to see you too," she says kindly. "Come," I say quickly as I pull her to my room.

Once we arrive, I ask, "How are the Peterson's?" "They are doing well," she says kindly, "they moved away from that area and the principal. After some time, evidence was found and he was put in prison but I came to bring some good news." "I am glad they are safer now," I say happily and look to her for the rest of the news. "Your 'boss' was captured and sentenced to death for many other crimes other than the one...you know," she says kindly but then she looks nervous. "What is it?" I ask and come closer to her, "Kyle?" She nods, "Kyle is still free and he is looking for you. I have a letter from him but you are not allowed to see it but I need to talk to your father about..."

Knock knock

"It's Radley," he says kindly, "I just wanted to let you know that my brother is looking for you as he said his chief is here to discuss some matters with you." I shake my head, "Okay! I am, currently, busy with some private business but I will be with him in a few. Please let him know that." "Okay," Radley says kindly, "I hope you are feeling better."

I then hear his footsteps moving away from us so I look to the officer for her to continue.

"I need to discuss your safety with your father," she says kindly. I nod, "I will set up a meeting for today. Let me just tell one of my guards to do it."

I get up and walk to my room door with determination.

"One of you needs to set up a meeting with my father and please tell him it is urgent," I say seriously, "please and thank you." One of the guards rushes, in a fast-paced walk, to my father's room while I look at the officer as I think about where she can stay in the meantime.

"You will have to come with me," I say seriously, "you know everything about me anyways so let's go."

As soon as I arrive by the room, I see the guards are ready to announce that I am here.

"Crown Princess Anthurium," he announces and I enter. I curtsy as does the officer.

"Nice to see you brought a friend," King Cosmos says happily as he sits on a chair nearby. I see Radley staring at the ground with an angry and sad expression on his face.

"Crown Princess Anthurium," the chief says kindly, "I am aware that you have some questions but I need you to know that Kyle is looking for you and that you are right about those black uniformed men. They did take you but there isn't any evidence because they are just that good and that powerful. Despite the country being cruel, their people are loyal to them and most of them go to the army." "Thanks so much for that," I say as I look at Radley and his expression, "I would like to know more about how I was found."

He looks at me seriously, "I would love to tell you but I have been ordered not to disclose details that may reveal where you were found so it is difficult to tell that story without revealing those details here." "Can't you try?" I ask hopefully. "We followed them when they were making a delivery," he says seriously, "we are always watching them but we lost them around the area where you were found. To be honest, we alerted the police because we lost the location. Once you were free, we tried to track you again but we couldn't and the government wasn't helpful until we found out about a DNA test so we took advantage of that." "Thank you for being respectful despite...you know," I say thankfully and he smiles at me kindly. "It is not my place to judge," he says kindly, "especially when it is not your fault."