1

Vedha - 28 years old. Married Veera through an arranged marriage. Pursuing her dream cake shop career with the help of bank loans in their home. Though her husband ignores her and has never given face to talk to her she respects him a lot and hopes that he would accept her one day.

 Though her husband ignores her and has never given face to talk to her she respects him a lot and hopes that he would accept her one day

Veera - 30 years old. A self-made businessman. Cold hearted and compassionate. Not an expressive person but is protective over his family.

--------

--------

It has been four years since the day of our marriage. My husband, Veera, hasn't talked to me properly in all these years. He is a very dedicated businessman and a handsome man. I still don't know how he accepted to marry me but he did.

It was a typical arranged marriage. Both our parents knew each other from the beginning and decided to get us married.

We don't share a bond and i haven't managed to figure out why. He never really let me cross the lines he set for me. Soon after marriage we both started living in his house aka mansion.

At first there were servants for everything. But after a while i got bored without having anything to do. So i sent all the maids off except for one, most of the days i would manage but just for the cleaning job i used to call the maid in, seeing that it is a rather large house.

In our bedroom right from the first day he used to sleep on the couch and it has been the same way still. I don't know how we managed four years this way but seeing how busy he always is, i can convince myself i am not in a simulation.

Veera would leave the house around 8 to 9, sometimes even 10 and would reach home only by 11 or 12 in the night. Out of the 30 or 31 days of a month, he goes on business trips for almost a week. So imagine how much he stays at home.

In the meantime i wanted to do something except for staying simply at home. So i started planning to open a cake shop at home. When he had returned from a business trip i had asked him permission for which he had just 'hmm'-ed.

Just that and nothing else. Knowing he won't be involved in it for sure i found myself a loan from the bank and started the cake shop with my first order being a cake for the anniversary of Veera's parents.

I swear even my own parents didn't feel as proud as they felt when I opened the cake shop.

I named it "V&V's Cakes" and my lovely husband was so busy with some 'work' that he slept in his office that day. I expected him to at least eat one of the cupcakes i had baked for the opening when he comes home later that night.

But i had dozed off on the dinning table itself like the many other days expecting him when he never came.

It has been almost two years since i started the cake shop. I couldn't forget the date, 17 August, it was our anniversary. That day i was disappointed not just with my husband but with myself. I didn't know how long i would keep waiting for him like that , like this.....

This is yet another story. I just really hope that i will finish this one and not unpublish. Updates can be slow and short but please bear with me. I'm tryna recover a writer's block and it can suck. I am going through a rough patch with a busy schedule. Excuse me, but i think i can come back within two months or so.....

Thank you babes ❤️