2

I had received a 'mail' from my dearest hubby informing me to be ready by 7 for some business meeting.

It has been four years and not once has he taken me to any of them. I never thought he would.

To say I'm excited is an understatement.

I smile at myself as I adjust my saree by looking into the mirror.

By the time i reach the hall Veera is already walking up and down the length as if he is in a hurry.

When his eyes meet mine he freezes, his eyes travelling down the length of my body.

"Come here" he says in his usual cold voice making me do so while feeling anxious as to what he would say.

As I stand five feet away from him he frowns.

"You are late" he says before walking out making me follow him hurriedly.

He sits in the passenger seat near the driver while i sit behind.

The car is filled with the scent of his cologne, my favourite. I couldn't stop smiling as I smelled it. There are a lot of things about my Veera that i like but this stays one of the most soothing.

His scent and his presence give me a warmth that his eyes , voice and demeanour lack to provide.

Soon we reached a rather glittery restaurant. As soon as I got down Veera was by side, adjusting his suit that looks perfect on him.

"This is a very important business meeting for me. The CEO, Mr Mishra is coming with his wife and he is a very family-bonded man. I want to impress him and he told me to bring my wife along after knowing that i am married. Be at your best behaviour and don't do anything that would spoil the proposal" he says making me nod.

Does he think i am a child ? I huff imitating a face with my tongue out while following him inside.

"Veera !" An elderly man exclaims as he hugs Veera, his face filled with happiness.

"Mr Mishra" Veera says with an uncomfortable expression but a smile that covers it while he gets released from the hug.

"How are you beta ?" Mrs Mishra asks as she looks at him warmly.

"Fine Mrs Mishra" Veera says giving her the same smile.

Okay damn my husband does know how to smile after all.

"Mr and Mrs Mishra meet my wife, Vedha" Veera says making me smile wide as they both look at me with a warm smile.

Believe me or not this is the first time he has called me by my name.

"Nice to meet you dear" Mrs Mishra says as she hugs me.

"Please take a seat you both" Mr Mishra says.

Veera points me to go inside and i do so, taking the seat opposite to Mrs Mishra while he sits near me, opposite Mr Mishra.

The waiter arrives soon after and takes our order. Seems like the restaurant belongs to Mr Mishra.

Then they started talking about business and I started digging in. Surprisingly enough, even Mrs Mishra talked business.

They both seemed like a lovely couple. Everything a person could wish for in a family and a relationship.

Then i took a look at Veera who keenly listened to whatever they both said with a determined expression.

He is so damn handsome. But unfortunately, i know nothing else about him. I know his favourite foods by the quantity he consumes them. I know his timings. I know he is a perfectionist and workoholic. Yet i don't know him. The him the way every wife should know her husband and he doesn't seem like letting me know him in anyway or time.

Thank you babes ❤️