10

"I will wait here, i have some work to do. Be back in an hour and half, i have a meeting to attend" Veera says as he pulls on the hand break and parks the car in the underground parking of the mall.

"B-but aren't you gonna come ?" I ask, stuttering a little.

"No" he says blatantly before taking his laptop out of his suitcase and placing it on his lap after pushing his seat back.

"Ok" i say with disappointment as I get out of the car and adjust my saree after closing the car door, walking towards the escalator that takes me up to the ground floor.

"There !" I say as I find the sportswear shop right beside the entrance.

It takes me roughly twenty minutes to find the exact size and another hour to pick out the top and bottom.

I made sure the clothes had a close neck and didn't fit my body exactly and showed my stomach and breast. They were kind of loose and also not so loose to hang low.

The total came about six thousand and i , without heart, paid the amount since i took up all of my and the workers energy and time for this.

By the time i reached the parking lot I saw Veera leaning on the back of his car, talking to someone on his phone while checking the watch.

"I will be there in twenty minutes, make the conference room ready and everyone seated" he says before cutting the call and laying eyes on me.

"Took you long enough" he says with disapproval as he walks to the driver seat while i keep the bags in the back seat and get in the back seat.

I don't know why but i have never sat in the front seat. I don't know if it is because I am insecure about my large thighs or because it is too awkward to sit in the front with a person who acts like a robot.

Huff, i thought we would go shopping together but no. He just has to be the man he always is and let me go alone.

Such an emotionless person !

"See, i have a meeting. Chandru will show you to my cabin, wait there till i come back. I am in no mood to make arrangements for anyone to take you back" Veera says as he parks the car right in front of his glassy modern office building.

I have come here once before after our marriage. My in-laws had given me a tour of their company and factories. That is the closest thing we had to a honeymoon which is going around the city together with his parents to see all the company buildings and factories they own.

I got out of the car with the bags in my hand, as one of the security guards came and took the car to the parking lot.

"Good morning mam" says Chandru, Veera's personal assistant, as he walks out of the building with a smile.

"Good morning Chandru" i say, reciprocating his smile as he takes the bags from my hands.

"This way mam" he says as he leads me into the building and into the elevator.

"Good morning mam" the employees standing inside the nearby elevator say with a smile on their faces making me greet them back.

Reaching Veera's office, Chandru places the bags near the couch as I walk straight to the glass wall and stare out at the amazing view.

I like Veera's office for this reason. It has a great view and an amazing interior.

*Sigh*

He is living a great life without an ounce of care whereas me....huff.

Thank you babes ❤️