36

Vedha's POV

Everyone smiles at me as i hold the phone near my right ear.

On the fifteenth of this month is the festival of the mariamman temple in my hometown and all the elders of my village along with appa (dad) have come to invite us to the occasion.

"Hello" i hear Veera say as he attends the call.

"Ennanga, the elders from our village have come home to invite us to the upcoming Mariamman festival, will you be able to come home ?" I ask in a whisper as i check the clock, it is already around 6, usually he would be home by now.

"I'm around the corner, i will be there in a minute baby" he says making me blush at the name.

"Ok" i say meekly before disconnecting the call and facing everyone.

"He will be here shortly" i say just as i hear his car entering.

I stand near them and wait as he parks the car and walks through the entrance with his suitcase in his hand while taking off his coolers using the other hand.

"Vaanga vaanga (welcome home), did i make you wait for a long time ?" He asks with a broad smile while joining his hands and keeping a vanakkam to everyone.

"Cha cha, illa mapla (no son in law), we just arrived and papu (daughter) immediately called you" one of the elders said as they all rise up and smile at him while keeping a vanakkam to him.

"Vaanga maama (welcome uncle/father in law)" he says looking at appa making him nod his head with a smile.

"Did you offer them anything to drink ?" He asks with the same smile as he stands near me.

"No no, it is already getting late mapla, we have to get going. We were waiting on you so that we could invite you both together" another one elder says as he takes out the invitation.

"Vara pathinanjaan thedhi namma ooru mariamman Kovil pandigai vachu irukkom, rendu perum avasiyam kalandhukanum(Coming 15th we have kept the festival of our village Mariamman temple, you both should definitely come as a couple and participate in it)" he says as he hands over the invite making us receive it together.

"Unlike the past five years, you shouldn't come alone or skip it" the elder who first spoke says making everyone nod their heads.

"Oh don't worry, this time me and Vedha would definitely attend the festival together" Veera says smiling at me while placing his free arm around my shoulder.

My face heats up with shyness as i stand there awkwardly while all the elders share a teasing look with each other.

Appa looks so happy and satisfied as he smiles at us.

"Approm mapla, naanga kelanbarom. Thiruvizha aarambikarathuku rendu naal munnadiye vandhudunga (It is time for us to take our leave son. You both should arrive two days before the festival itself)" the elder says.

"Kandipa maama (Definitely uncle)" Veera says with a smile before they start to disperse.

"Take care ma" appa says giving my hand a squeeze with an almost teary smile before he departs.

I can sense that our family are seeing the obvious change inbetween us. And they seem so happy already. More happy for this than me myself.

But i am still scared. Will he be like this till the end ?

"Baby, I've been missing you so badly today. I swear i would've come home and whisked you to our bedroom if I wasn't in that stupid meeting all day" Veera husks near my ear making me come out of my riverie with a shiver as he places his hands around my waist and pulls me to his side tighter.

I realise that they have left and we are standing alone in front of our house.

"Ennanga...." I drag as i clutch his suit while he brings me in front of him making us stand chest-to-chest.

I feel goosebumps arise on my skin as his breath fans my face, our nose touch each other while our lips are centimetres away from touching.

"We should go inside" i say before telling as he picks me up bridal style.

"You should stop doing that !" I yell as he carries me inside the hall.

"Should I ?" He asks teasingly with a smile as he descends up the stairs and reaches our bedroom.

"I have been starving all day baby" he husks before placing me on our bed.

Damn does he looks starved !

Thank you babes ❤️