Chapter Three - Christmastime

It was officially the Christmas holidays and as such we all travelled to Sandringham arriving before Granny of course

It was officially the Christmas holidays and as such we all travelled to Sandringham arriving before Granny of course. When Granny did arrive it was later in the afternoon. The day after was our annual kick off to the Christmas holidays, the Wales' race. William, Harry and I began this tradition after Mum at first it was a way to lessen the blow of our first Christmas without her, by now it was a tradition. There was a gigantic pond nearby and that was always our race course. The family set up chairs and tables with hot drinks in flasks and blankets. They were chattering amongst themselves. I was sure I could see Grandpa writing something down.

"Do we really have to do this?" Harry asked as we were making sure everything was right with our horses. 

"Yes. We always do this, a friendly competition doesn't hurt anyone." I state as we make our way over to the starting line as it was

"He's only asking because he doesn't want to loose again." I laugh, it was two goes around the pond the first one to pass Granny after the second time won.

"Here they come." Dad stated and they all turned to us. I grinned from year to ear as we too our places. The three of us mounted and settled comfortably.

"I hope you're ready to lose boys." i grin.

"Please, Roe. Like you could." Harry scoffs seeming very sure of himself. I would be only to happy to put him in his place.

"Watch and learn boys this is not the polo field." Dad came up to the side of us.

"Is everybody ready." We nodded "Ready...set....go." I nudged and we started running.

"Ya!" all of us were pretty close as we made our way round. The first time, William was in front while Harry and I were close together. Then it came around to the second go and it wasn't unite we were approaching the last part

"Another victory..." I rolled my eyes and leaned down to snowdrop. "Let's show them what we're made of." I nudged her slightly and she picked up the pace. We rode past the boys and i saw the ending in sight. I rode past my family and slowed down. I laughed as snowdrop and I came to a stop, slowly.

"Well done girl, well done!" I turned her around and made my way towards the others. Harry and William slowed down and turned round following me. I jumped down and turned to them

"And this what it looks like when your sister takes the title like that" I laugh snapping my fingers

"Yes, well done, Aurora." I hugged my Granny and Grandpa.

"How did you get that fast, it's impossible." William breathed dismounting, Harry did the same as the horses began to graze and calm down themselves.

"I train, duh. I'm like Granny. I love horse riding." I beam proudly.

"Yes, which is why we win. That's my girl" Grandpa laughed as did I. Dad handed money over to Grandpa.

"Oh, love you too Dad."

"If I had of know that you'd been practicing that hard I would have won too." he brushed it off "A lesson for next year I think."

"who did you bet for Granny?" I asked her.

"Oh, I would never...." Grandpa handed her half the money and I grinned "Well, you did say you were like me." I grin she tapped my hand

"Well done, my girl."

"Thank you Granny." I was hoisted up onto my brothers shoulders. Competition or not we were family it was all for fun

-December 24th-

We had all gathered around to exchange presents. All the family was here and it was very noisy, I sat myself next to Granny and kissed her cheek.

"Granny can I give my present to you first?" I requested resting my hand on hers

"Of course, my dear." grinning I jumped up and skipped over to the tree finding Granny's present, once I did I came back with it and handed it over to her. Everyone began to quite down as she ripped opened the paper. "Oh Aurora, how lovely, did you paint this?" I nodded and she showed it to the others, it was a waiting of her and Grandpa copied from one of her official wedding photos.

We began exchanging gifts with each other, My brothers opened theirs and the family started laughing, as did I. William and Harry left for five minutes and returned with their t-shirts. I took picture of them as well as others. I got makeup new paintbrushes a science experiment kit, a I heart London cap and other little trinkets. I put on some music and us grandchildren started dancing silly. At one point my Dad went to sit next to Granny and I parted from the others to go talk to them.

"Dad, Granny. Can I talk with you both? " I glance at my brothers and cousins.

"Of course." I sat down with them "What did you want to speak to us about?" Granny wondered

"Well, I want to do after school, a profession." Dad and Granny looked at each other in intrigue then back to me

"What is it you want to do, sweetheart?" Dad inquired

"Well its not a huge deal but I know what I want to do after I finish school. Its my hope to got to study Art History and international relations. I hope that I can do it with your help and support."

"Of course we will sweetheart."

------