Chapter Six - Fate and Granny

-2007-

2006 came and went quickly with nothing else really happening as did my 17th Birthday in the January the following year. Before I knew it February came around and soon it was half term. I packed away my things that would be taken back to Clarence house to be washed and ready for next week. I quickly showered and dried because I would be making the long trip to New Zealand right away. Betty and Melissa had been able to come with me on this trip but sadly Annabelle couldn't. There was a knock on my dormitory door

"Yes."

"Two minutes your highness." James told us and I pulled my case off my bed and opened the door

"Ready." he nodded and took my case down to the car. Melissa and Betty were already waiting, the three of us climbed in and belted up. James got into the front and we were off. We were half way to the airport. Betty gasped and grabbed my hand

"What? What is it?" I question

"Jessica Calloway, her cousins dad works in the film industry and she says the second Narnia film are filming in Auckland when we're gonna be there." Betty looked up to me then past me to Melissa "King Peter is gonna be there." she giggled to Melissa

"Shut up!" Melissa gasped taking the phone. I took my phone out calling my fathers secretary to see if she could find anything out.

"Elizabeth."

"Your Royal Highness, How may I help you?" she wondered and I could hear papers shuffling about

"I was hoping you could work your magic and see if a rumour I've heard is true. If it is then could you help with a private....visit." I look between the girls who were silently laughing

"I certainly see what I can do?"

"The New Narnia film is supposedly filming in Auckland while I'm there." I told her and she hummed probably writing down something. "If it's true do you think you could work with my security team and the production for a unofficial appearance."

"Is that one of my children on the phone." I hear Dad  on the other end, well he was going to find out anyway. "Which one"

"The Princess, sir."

"Aurora." there was exchanging of the phone "Sweetheart, whatever seems to be the problem."

"Nothing's wrong Dad, I was just asking Elizabeth for help confirming something. It's no big deal." I try to down play this as much as possible

"The location for the new Narnia production. Are you trying to see that boy again." I cover my face and groan sinking in my seat "He's too old for you my dear." 3 years the age difference between grant and grandpas was bigger at that time.

"I'm going, bye Dad." I hung up "So embarrassing."

"Do you think she'll do it?" Betty wondered causing me to shrug, who knew at this point. It had yet to be seen. We arrived at the airport and made way onto the flight. Phones off and cut off from the world below we slept, talked, ate and discussed the appearance and speech. We landed a day later and changed before disembarking. I shook hands with officials people had gathered near the royal art gallery and started cheering when we arrive. Getting out of the car I turned waving to the crowd a little before meet and greet and then showed around.

"Please Welcome Her Royal Highness Princess Aurora." there was a round of applause as I took to the podium.

"Thank you for having me." I took a deep breath and glance down for a moment "Art is a gateway into moment in time. Where it be a corporeal item such as a chair or painting. It shows us something before our time or it can show others a moment of this time. Delving into the mind of artists is something we all do when observing, what was the artist, thinking, feeling, doing. Was there a reason that a simple bowl of fruit, innocent looking girl or a shrinking man made them paint. Was it a commission for a wealthy patron or was it a down day. Art tells a story and sometimes that story is lost through time but through galleries all over the world and especially hear at the royal collection the stories can be dusted off and retold for a new generation which is only leaves to pass on the apologies of my beloved grandmother and assurance that you are in her heart always." I finished and there was another clap. I move to pull the black and it stated that i had opened the gallery on behalf of the Queen. I met with some of the public who came out for today and shook hands with them. I was handed flowers. There were a lot of Hi Princess, God bless you.

"you look beautiful, welcome to New Zealand."

"Thank you for having me."

"Happy birthday for last month your highness."

"That sweet of you, thank you." there was a little baby there "Awh what's her name?" I coo

"Madeline."

"May I?" Her mother nodded and handed her to me. Little Madeline played with my hair "She's adorable, so sweet." I handed her back "Bye bye" I gave the little one a way and moved on. James came up behind me

"Time to go Princess." I nodded to him and made my goodbyes before returning to the car "Well done Mis Aurora."

"Thank you James. Are you sure I didn't mumble, I was that nervous."

"You articulated yourself well, your highness. Like your mother would have done." he gave me a soft smile through the rearview mirror.

----

We went back to the residence we were staying at got our time there. Betty and Melissa had been out shopping while I was away and brought back some clothes.

"I take you two had fun while I was busy." I giggled sitting down on the bed and removing my heals.

"So much fun then opening an art gallery." Melissa laughed

"Only because you don't value art as much as i do." I changed into leggings and a oversized t-shirt and cozy socks.There was a knock on my room door and I went to open it. James stood there and I let him in.

"Your Highness, I have received new orders from your time here to compensate for your request."

"That means the rumour was true, they are filming here?" I glance back at the girls

"Yes, your highness. Her Majesty relations team has contacted production and with permission from your father and her majesty the queen, and the agreement from the production team.we will be visiting tomorrow afternoon in a unofficial capacity."

"That will be your grandmothers doing." Melissa commented

"Yes, there is no way your father would agree his little girl meeting a boy without him." Betty laughed I thanked James and he left "Three cheers for her majesty the Queen. hip hip..."

"Hooray." Mel and I cheered

"Hip hip!"

"Hoaray"

"Hip hip."

"Hooray." we fell back on the bed giggling and spent the rest of the night talking and gossiping with our friends on our phones.