Chapter Eight - This and that

After my week in Auckland it was back to school and lessons. I didn't really get a chance to catch up with Granny due to the long flight from A to B. I promised I would catch her up on what wasn't reported in the news papers or back to her from her people. It was a couple of weeks back into the new term when Annabelle came running over to us at breakfast. She dropped something in front of me.

"This just arrived a few weeks hot of the press for sure. Royal Romance buzzing." I looked down at a new Zealand tabloid with a pictured captured between William and I on my unofficial visit to the set.

"Oh, one tabloid. shocker." I moved it away as Anna sat

"Rory, you know how fast news can spread." Melissa sighed picking it up and glancing it over

"It's been weeks it even says so on there and there has been nothing in the British tabloids or news papers. I'm not worried." I finish up my breakfast and begin the school day.

-April 2007-

School had broken up for easter and I spent time with Granny and Grandpa while Dad and Camilla were away as were William and Harry. Grandpa and I were out on the horse and buggy riding around.

"So tell me about this boy you've been pictured with. An Actor isn't her?" Grandpa questioned

"He is and we're friends." he stated chuckling "What?"

"That look he gives you is not that a friend. He looks like his entire world revolves around you." I sigh "You don't believe me?" he questioned and I didn't say anything.

"Oh really Aurora, I think I know a bit about men and how they look at women. And I've seen the pictures this vultures manage to get of the two of you. I'm telling you my girl that boy loves you." he took us back to the stables. I went to talk to Granny, waiting outside for a few minutes before I was let in to see her.

"Granny." I kissed her check then stood back and curtsied

"Aurora, did you enjoy your ride with your grandfather?" she gestured to the tea set that was out and we went to sit down

"I did, but he got be thinking about something." i tucked my chair in and we served ourselves.

"Oh, what about?"

"I'm sure you've been hearing the rumblings of William Mosley and me." I put the clotted cream onto the scone and then the jam

"The Actor, yes." I rested the little spoon back in the pot of jam.

"I need your advice." she gave me her full attention "When i first met him the strangest thing happened. It was like something clicked in the world, with me. I don't know what it was but I couldn't take my eyes off him, I wanted to more than have a brief conversation."

"Did he say something to make you feel like that?" she wondered

"No." I shook my head "I just looked into his eyes and it felt like the safest place on earth." I felt a tear rise up. Her expression softened

"Oh my dear, you fell in love."

"But I'm still so young, shouldn't I be out there experiencing the world or something? Could it really be just like that? So many other people take years." I question her feeling a little lost and she had become the one to help me find my way back.

" For most people it's like that but you forget I was a few years younger when I met your grandfather properly and spent time with him. I knew when I was 13 despite brief meeting before that was when I knew for sure and we've never really let go of each other since." she rose to her feet and I copied, then moving around she took my hand and guided me to the sofa we sat down there.

"What if he doesn't feel the same."

"Oh I think he does. You forget I'm always informed of what happens in this family. I've seen the pictures that have been captured of the two of you. But I think you're both scared of what it could mean, but I am in firm belief that one day it will happen." I hugged her and she returned it.

-------

After spending easter with Granny it was back to school with a planned weekend to spend with Dad, Camilla, William and Harry, but right now I needed to concentrate on my studies and homework. When the second weekend in June came I was planning to return home that Friday night. I got into the car with James and Michael in the front, it was quarter past six to made the couple hour drive to Clarence house. 

"James, how is Jessica, Layla and Jospeh?" I wonder about his wife and children. he glanced at me through the rearview mirror

"They're well Miss Aurora. Layla's finishing high school this year and Jospeh is taking after most of us and going into the army." I smile a little

"Before you know it he could be sitting where you are protecting one of us. Does Layla know what she want to study?"

"She's firm believer in something I don't understand." I raise an eyebrow "Fashion." I start laughing but it was cut off by screeching of the car and swerving then a crash. My head went side ways and it all went dark.

-3rd Person-

The security detail following behind the Princess car screech to a stop and quickly got out. Calling orders and surrounding the car.

"Your Highness! Your Highness!" Jacobson one of the security detail ran to the Princess' side of the car and saw her head resting on the window red smudged on it. "Briar Rose is down! I repeat Briar Rose is down, send back up and a ambulance." Jacobson pried the door open and Aurora fell forward being held in place by her seatbelt.

"Aurora?" James groaned

"Hill, are you okay?" James was asked his head lolled to one side "Hill!"

"Where is the Princess? Is she okay?"James muttered

"We've got here, Help is on the way. Okay keep talking."

"I've got a pulse." Jacobson declared a little relieved. The second back up car that followed secured the driver while the original team secured the Princess. It took five minutes for several ambulances to arrive as well as police and fire brigade. During which The sculleries of The royal households started receiving calls. Elizabeth secretary to the prince knocked on the door to the drawing room of Clarence house and was told to come in. Charles Camilla, Harry and William were waiting for Aurora to arrive home. She curtsied

"Elizabeth what is it, you look like you've seen a ghost." Charles commented

"It's the Princess, sir." she took a shaky breath "There's been a accident....a car accident." everyone in the room froze and blood ran cold as history looked like it was repeating itself.

"What....what do you mean?" William struggled to get the words out.

"There's not a lot of news yet. But the Princess was on her way home when it happened. Briar Rose down was activated in the immediate moments after the crash.

"No!" Charles exclaimed the term meant serious injury and cause for concern it triggered protocols within protocols this was part of it. "No, not again, please not again." Charles broke down and Camilla comforted him

"Where is she?" Harry breathed

"Last I was told was that ambulences was called to the scene."

Meanwhile at Buckingham Palace the Queen and Prince Phillip were being told the same thing and she wanted to speak with Charles.