Chapter Twelve - Trying normalcy

In October I returned to school for my final year and had to quickly play catch up for all that I had missed, the weekends were technically still school days for me. All my free time up until christmas was spent at school studying and avoiding questions. I got back into swimming and was apart of the team for my final year. We had a meet before the the Christmas holidays. I came out with my team and Annabelle tapped me on the shoulder.

"Your Dad and Camilla are here" I look back at her and she was pointing following where I saw my Dad and Camilla in the stands, we saw each other and I smiled and waved, which the returned. Adjusting my cap I focused. We were doing a relay and I was second to last. I waited and listened to music before it was my turn to get up I waited till my hand was touched and dove in swimming, all my aggression and emotions came out in the water, it washed them away and I hit the other side of the pool and swam back touching Annabelle's hand so she could win. pushing myself out I was quickly turned and shout for Annabelle. Anna pushed herself and came out in front of everyone else and won. I cheered and clapped as she took deep breaths coming above water.

Once I was dressed in the swim tracksuit, I went and found my father and Camilla.

"Dad, Camilla." I greeted them

"You did well out there, Aurora." Camila complimented 

"Thank you, is it weird I feel a lot better for it? It was like the water washed everything away, a clean slate. I'm glad you came." I touched their arms gratefully.

"Well your father has been talking about you non stop, since your return. Haven't you Charles?" Camilla returned it back to Dad

"Well I still think it was a little too soon, but you are very sure of yourself, some might call it stubborn." I smirk at him and shake my head a little

"It's my final year, I already missed Mum's concert that in in it self hurt realising that. I won't miss anything else. Living life, doing what makes me happy and I do like being at school." he nodded in understanding.

" I am very proud of you my dear." he tapped my hand

--------

-Christmas 2007-

School had broken up for the Christmas holidays and before going to Sandringham I met up with Liam in London before boarding the train. Seeing him I wrapped my arms around him and he lifted me up spinning me around. When he let me down, I pulled back. I held up a a gift back from him,

"Merry Christmas, Liam." he took it from me he opened it up and in it was a joke t-shirt I had made is 'I was king who met a Princess' with a picture of our first meeting. he started laughing and i grinned.

"Well in a way it's true. Here's mine." He handed a small bulky present over and I opened it. "I personally made this jam using my grandmother recipe."

"I love it, simple and classy." I glance back at James "I have to go. I'm on a extremely tight schedule. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I will see you on your birthday?" He wondered

"Yes, I'm lucky it's on a weekend... I will talk with you later" He nodded and i got into the car. He closed it for me and I fixed my seatbelt and then gave him a small wave. He did it back and I was driven away to the train station and took the train up, I make my way to the royal carriage.

"Your majesty." I curtsy to granny as she smiles then I make my way over and lean down to kiss her cheek. Dad and Camilla are already there. "Granny."

"Hello, Darling."

"Dad, Camilla." I greet Dad with a kiss on the cheek and Camilla with a light hug. "Where's Grandpa?" I wonder not seeing him with Granny.

"I'm right here Lucky Duck." I heard grandpa. He had a new nickname for me since I woke up and he thought it fit me perfectly. "Hello." he kissed my cheek. I nod my head to him.

"Hello." I took my seat

"We were just talking about you, lucky." Grandpa stated

"Can I have some toast please and a butter knife." I asked one of the pages "Oh really, what about?"

"Your 18th." Dad stated "Your the last one of mine to officially grow up, too you'll be off to university and forging your own life."

"You father is very sentimental these days." Camilla chuckled

"Oh he always is, aren't you." I smirk at him as toast was brought over "Thank you. I started buttering the toast

"I already have plans, with my friends." I unscrew the homemade jam I had just received

"Oh really what are you doing?" Granny wondered

"Some friends and I are going to Blackpool. Pleasure beach, the peers, arcades. Fun, normal stuff. I thought you would have been told before now. I've had it planned for a couple of months." I scowled in confusion "All the security's been arranged."

"I haven't heard a thing, have you Charles?" Granny questioned Dad

"Not me."

"That doesn't make sense. I leave early" I took a bite and hummed "That is nice."

"What is it?" Grandpa questioned

"Liam, gave me homemade jam for Christmas, I couldn't wait to try it. It's delicious." I have another bite "Want to try?"

"Oh, yes please." she gave a nod and about five minutes later everyone had toast and scooped a fair pit onto their plate and then did the butter and then the jam, there were a chorus of how nice or delicious it was

"Liam, told me he made it himself." I chirped proudly and carried on eating

-----------

Most of the family arrived before we did we were welcomed, Most of us went to change and freshen up. Christmas eve passed and we all exchanged presents. On Christmas day we went to the church service. Once that was finished the family gathered outside following after Granny and we slowly made our way down. She got into the car and as she pulled away we either curtsy or bow our head.

"So you were saying." Eugenie and Beatrice flocked either side of me

"Oh, yes. So I was saying when he came over the two of us walked around the gardens and talked for ages, till it got cold and then we went inside."

"How romantic." Beatrice giggled

"Bea, it's nothing romantic...yet." Eugenie lightly scaled her sister

"What are you talking about?" Peter asked and we all turned to him and Zara

"Liam, the actor." Eugenie and Beatrice answered in unison. Peter ahed and Zara took my arm before we moved to go and speak to the people that had gathered

"I'm not giving you any gossip Zee." she pouted "Everyone asks the same thing, i'm still seventeen and in todays day and age you really think either of are going to do anything more than be friends."

"but your hoping for more, aren't you." I raised an eyebrow "Oh come on, it's the worst kept secret in this family."

"Why does everyone say that, we're friends." I rolled my eyes and pulled away walking over to those who had gathered "Merry Christmas." I chime with a smile

"Merry Christmas Your Highness." they replied

"Oh hello, Arthur and Connie, right?" I ask making sure Arthur was wheelchair bound and his wife Connie looked after him, the had been coming for the past five years, since moving to the area.

"Yes, your highness. Merry Christmas Ma'am." Arthur bowed his head

"Merry Christmas. Thank you for coming, its especially chilly out today, I still might get frost bite." the laughed and Connie handed me a small bouquet of flowers "Thank you." I moved on greeting others who had come.

"Oh a new face." I coo at a little baby "Hello, what's your name?"

"Her name is Rose, your highness."

"Rose that's a beautiful name. Is it Rose's first Christmas?" Rose's mother nodded "How sweet, my Aunt Sophie recently had a new baby maybe they'll meet when they're older, that would be fun."