Chapter Five - All smiles

I was sat in my dorms at school it was a weekend and there was nothing to do apart from homework and talking with Liam. Melissa, Annabelle and Betty came in they were my close friends from childhood. The came and sat down on my bed.

"Talking with Liam again." Annabelle drawled with a smirk

"Who else would be making her smile like that, of course she is." Betty giggled. Melissa said nothing just smile as she pushed herself next to me.

"What?" I ask her

"Oh nothing, it's just the word around is that they're scouting locations for the next Narnia film. Prince Caspian, which you know as well as I that contains King Peter himself." she hums giving me a knowing look.

"I thought you weren't into gossip?" I laughed

"I'm not, but ever since your birthday. Girls about the school follow him like a hawk. The actor that captured the Princess' eye he's the new Mr It boy. The press are having a field day." she replied "Not that you've got to worry with anything here, all sworn into silence but people talk amongst themselves and to parents."

"The press are always having a field day it's nothing new. I've learnt to ignore it and them."

"I just don't get how you can live in such a...fishbowl the whole time, it must drive you insane." Betty shook her head

"You forget I haven't known any different. Only people on the outside see it as unusual, it's just my life." I shrug closing my book

"Don't you get annoyed though?"

"Anna, I'm the only daughter to the Heir apparent and a living legend of the People's Princess Annoyance of who I happen to be gets be absolutely nowhere except pain and a downward spiral never will I go there. I deal with and I chose to use it to do good or I will when given the chance. Think of all the suffering you know about or see in the world here and over see's a part of you wishes you could do something, say something. I have the natural born platform to do so and I will. Might as well use this fishbowl for a purpose."

"Okay, back to William"

"No, not back to William." I shook my head in denial.

----------

I was escorted into the head's office and was directed to the phone. Giving a silent thank you I was left alone to sit down and take the unexpected phone call.

"Hello." i answer

"Aurora, darling." Granny's voice came over the receiver I straightened

"Your majesty, Granny." i greeted

"I do apologise for pulling you out of class, but I'm sat her talking about future engagements and I wanted to get your opinion in the moment. There's been request to do a couple engagements New Zealand, but at the same time to go to Africa. Its a gallery opening and I thought since you have a love for art you could go in my stead." she explained

"Oh, um...when is it?" I wonder

"During your school holiday, what luck."

"Well seen as it doesn't interfere with my school work, I would be happy to go. I don't think you mentioned when it was."

"In February, next year." that was six months away well no one can ever say I haven't got plenty of notice.

"Of Course Granny."

"That's fantastic news, apologies again for interrupting you."

"Well, you are the Queen, it's not like anyone can argue when you call for your granddaughter." I chuckle "Is there anything else you needed from me?"

"No at all have a good day."

"Bye granny." she hung up and then i dit the same pushing the chair back and stepping out. I gave a curt nod and was escorted back to class.