Chapter 20

𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶'𝘀 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺 📍6:23 AM
MARIANA TINESHA BROOKES
_______

I slowly opened my eyes and covered my face from the sunlight coming in from my open curtains. I looked down at my body and seen my clothes from last night were still on me and then I looked on the floor to see Kendra still sleeping with drool coming out her mouth.

"Shit" I mumbled while stretching, finally being awake but still a little tired.

I stood up and immediately grabbed my pink towel from my vanity chair and went to the bathroom, there was a nasty taste in my mouth and I cringed at the fact I slept on my BED with my OUTSIDE clothes. Germophobia is real.

A few moments later.......

I came out the bathroom, my towl wrapped around me and steam streamed out the bathroom cause I spent like half an hour in there.

"Kendra" I whispered while I entered my room and croched down to her with my towel still on me, I shook her.

She mumbled while her face scrunched and her eyes slowly opened.

"Damn my head hurts so much" Kendra said and held her head immediately. 

"Girl you was wasted like some last night maroni" I laughed at the thought, "ima go and make you some tea but you gotta get up" I said and stood and went to grab my clothes.

I already put my underwear and bra on so I just put on my black leggings and tube top and just slid on some my house flip flops.

Kendra was still on the floor moaning and groaning so I stepped over her and hurried  down the steps and took a tea bag and cinnamon stick and began boiling water in the pot.

While I was getting my cup I heard my phone ringing from the counter and looked at the screen to see Jerry facetiming me.

I rolled my eyes cause this boy didn't communicate with me for days and just left me like that. I answered the call and set it up so he can see me getting the teacup.

"Wussup mariiiiii, where yo ass been" Jerry stretched my name, his deep voice was booming through my phone.

"I've been stressing Jay, now wtf you been at" I asked him and turned off the fire under the pot.

Jerry laughed, "I been making that bag type shi" Jerry said and continued on laughing .

I began laughing to cause his laugh is hella contagious. 

"Yo I heard alot about you and ddot, my girls friends stay keeping ya name in they mouth" Jerry said as the laughing calmed downed. I scrunched my face up while pouring the hot water in the tea cup and then took the sugar pot.

"Wtf, what they been saying" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"I heard you sneaking out to a party and ddot screamed at you and shi, you letting that nigga yell at you?" Jerry said and his voice got really deep at the end and serious.

My heart ached kinda cause why people making these assumptions about me and ddots relationship.

"Nah he ain't crazy enough to do that shit, don't worry about it ma heart" I said with an attitude.

"Hmhm" Jerry said as if he ain't believe me , I ain't blame him.

"You ain't got worry bout my relationship, I'm doing good baby. How's you and Shoanika" I asked, tryna switch the subject.

We talked for a few more minutes until I remember I been stirring a spoon in Kendras tea for like 10 minutes.

"Okay by my love" I said and hanged up the call. I brought the tea upstairs and seen Kendra sat up, her back against my bed while her legs sprawled onto the floor.

"Here's your tea miss" I said with a small smile , I'm tryna be cool right now about the whole me and ddot thing but that shit is getting to my head. I handed the tea to her and she slowly drinked it and then I gave her a pain killer pill which she snatched out my hand.

I let her drink some, and I ain't gon lie she looked crazy asf in her dress that was up her thighs and her neat bun in a mess.

"What time is it" Kendra mumbled while she drunk her tea.

"It's like 7:30" I said while sitting down at my vanity and opened my call app and scrolled down to see all my miss calls. 

"What's your schedule today?" Kendra asked but her voice was sore and weak.

I thought about it and since today is hot out, I think I might hit up the pool and invite some friends to long Island, and maybe invite Jay and asked her to bring Ddot.

"Yea today's my cool day, Ima go down to Long Island and you gon stay ya ass here cause you don't feel good at all" I said and began texting, Jakari, Dion, and Jayracksss. (someone what's her real name)

Kendra didn't argue but nod her head with a frown on her face, like she was defeated. Why the 14 year old more responsible than the 16 year old?

I went to my aunts room and she was watching 'hello america' on her TV from her bed.

"Good morning aunty" I said and came up to her and gave her a peck on her cheek (if you carribean, yk whyyy 🇭🇹)
She smiled and squinted her eyes at me.

"What you want" She said. I rolled my eyes playfully and told her my possible schedule today if she let me go out.

"Okay fine you can go, but please bring Alyssa with you. If you can't bring her then you can't go." My aunt said.

I had to turn around and mugg the wall cause Alyssa been MIA for a couple days now, working on her money and stuff cause she a rapper and shit.

"Stop mugging that wall and go call her, I need her to pick you up to cause ain't no one going all the way out to long Island" I sucked my teeth and left the room, I sat on the top of the steps and dialed Alyssa's number.

I doubt she'll answer, early this morning.  Too my surprise she did tho.

"Hello"

"Heyy Mari" Alyssa said, her voice sounded tired.

"Hey my love, I was wondering if you wanted to take a short trip down to Long Island and go swimming" I said, in a convincing tone.

The line went silent then Alylssa replied.

"Of course I can go, what time?"

"Pick me up at 9, we can be there by 11" I said while getting up from the steps and walking to my room.

"Damn that early? Um alright, who else gonna be there?"

"A few guy friends and maybe Ddot and his cousin" I said, not to sure of the last part.

"Okay ima get ready" Alyssa said and hanged up the phone. 

Kendra was sprawled on my bed knocked out once again, I wasn't surprised cause I used that special type of Haitian tea that really be solving anything. So she gon be asleep for awhile.

I grabbed a big brown tote bag with a smiley face and went to my suitcase and grabbed my bikini and cover up I was going to wear.

I checked my phone and again and seen that Jakari and Dion and Jay said they could meet up, I texted them the location and Jay said she riding with me and Amanda and that Ddot and DD coming along too so I know the car bouta be hot. Jakari is bringing his Lil sister which ain't so little and they using Dions car so yeah.

___