Chapter One

...

AN: Unlike my other books I wanna try writing long chapters. So I hope you're prepared for a long ass chapter by my standards! Also the italics means they are speaking in High Valyrian. Thank you for reading!

-Ele

...

"How much longer do you think the princess will be?"

"Who knows," Alicent turned to the Queen's ward with a mischievous smile. "Why did you plan to seek a particular someone out?"

"Oh hush Alicent," Camilla rolled her eyes. "I just enjoy his company." Camilla couldn't help but smile upon thinking of her male friend.

"You are so taken with him!" Alicent opened her mouth to continue teasing the young Lady Tully when the heavy sound of wings filled the air.

"Looks like the princess has arrived." Camilla stood up and exited the carriage just as the princess's dragon, Syrax, landed.

"Cousin! You came back!" Camilla ran to her cousin, throwing her arms around the princess. "Thank the gods, if I had to spend another moment with Alicent alone I fear I may have wandered into the dragon pit and rang the dinner bell on myself."

Rhaenyra laughed at her dear cousin's dramatics, patting the older girls back with one hand as she maneuvered herself to the carriage with her cousin still hanging off of her.

"It's alright I know you don't mean that," Alicent called from her position on the steps of the carriage. Turning her attention to the princess, the brunette spoke. "Syrax is growing quickly. She'll soon be as large as Caraxes."

Camilla stepped back observing as her two friends interacted. "That is almost large enough to saddle two."

"I believe I'm quite content as a spectator, thank you." Alicent turned, stepping  back into the carriage as the princess watched, her mouth slightly open.

"Come on cousin, didn't your mother ever teach you to keep your mouth closed." Camilla spoke, patting Rhaenyra's cheek. As she passed her cousin, the white haired girl whispered. "I swear you two are the most obvious people I know, it's a miracle no one has caught on."

...

After visiting the Queen, Camilla's aunt, the Tully girl set out looking for her favorite person within the walls of the Red Keep. Maybe even in all of Westeros, Camilla hadn't spoken to her brothers much since her arrival in King's Landing. Though it is hard to keep in contact when you are too young to even read or write. Eventually, Camilla found her person in the great hall upon the Iron throne. He did not even stir upon the doors opening.

Closing the door behind her, Camilla turned to walk towards the man upon the Iron throne. "What are you doing, sunshine?"

"Sitting, my little shadow." Camilla's sunshine replied.