Chapter Ten

A hand waved in front of her face snapping Camilla back to reality. She now sat on the chair she had abandoned earlier. Daemon knelt before her, running his hands up and down Camilla's arms.

"Camilla? Camilla are you alright?" Daemon called, trying to get some sort of response from his wife.

"Is- is he?"

Daemon sighed in relief at hearing his shadow's voice. "Dead. He's dead, Camilla."

Looking around Camilla realized the Hall had been emptied, only her and Daemon remained.

"Can you take me back home?"

"Yes." Daemon couldn't help but smile at Camilla referring to Dragonstone as home.

The prince wrapped an arm around his wife, leading her from the great hall and out to the courtyard where he ordered a servant to prepare a carriage to take them to the Dragonpit. Camilla fell asleep against Daemon's chest as the Prince softly sang Old Valyrian lullabies.

...

Violet eyes blinked open, seeing the familiar dark, stone halls of Dragonstone. Strong arms wrapped around Camilla's back and under her knees, as Daemon carried Camilla to her chambers. Camilla slightly swayed with every step Daemon took. Violet eyes fluttered closed again.

Camilla awoke at the feeling of cold sheets touching her bare skin. Realizing she was only in her chemise Camilla snapped up. Looking around Camilla could barely see anything in the darkness, just vaguely making out a figure reclining on a chair by her bedside.

"Sunshine?" Camilla whispered, reaching a hand out towards the man.

Daemon startled awake at her touch, tightly grabbing her hand by the wrist. Lavender eyes darted around the room, searching for any sign of a threat.

"Daemon? It's alright, we're safe." Camilla cooed, sliding from the bed. She stood in front of her husband, cupping his face with her free hand.

The Prince relaxed at the sight of Camilla's violet eyes. Leaning into the hand that rested on his face, Daemon pressed a kiss to the heel of her hand. "Thank you, my little shadow, I'm fine. How are you feeling? You slept right through the flight back on Caraxes."

"I'll have to apologize to him." Camilla smiled, glancing back at the bed. "Come lay with me."

A smirk spread across Daemon's face at his wife's request. As if hearing his thoughts, Camilla's hand shot out, slapping at Daemon's shoulder. "Not like that, Daemon."

Catching Camilla's hand in his own and stood up to his full height, looming over Camilla. "One day you'll beg me to warm your bed and ravish you."

"Keep dreaming, Daemon." Camilla stared up at him. Daemon watched as Camilla slipped back into bed, her long white hair spilling over her pillow. "Now will you be joining me or not? Because that chair does not look comfortable to sleep in."

With a smirk spread across his face, Daemon stripped out of his clothes, until he only wore his chausses on his bottom half. Camilla's eyes widened at the sight of Daemon's chest. Mangled and burnt skin covered his flesh from the right side of his neck down to his rib cage.

Camilla sat up, unable to stop herself as a hand reached out to touch his chest. Daemon froze as Camilla caressed his scarred chest, staring down at her waiting for a look of disgust to cross her face. When instead Camilla looked up at him with half lidded eyes, Daemon leaned forward, crashing his lips to hers as the two fell back onto the bed. 

AN: wow things are getting hot in here. I've never written smut but these two make me wanna try.

-ELE