Chapter Eight

Camilla could still feel the eyes of everyone in the Red Keep on her if she thought about it now. It had been a good morning, Camilla had woken feeling refreshed and excited to see Daemon. That is until her maid, Darla, entered and was unable to look her in the eye. Upon being questioned, Darla had immediately crumbled and told Camilla of the rumors surrounding Rhaenyra and her uncle. Rage had filled the Tully girl as she threw a pitcher of water across the room, watching as it shattered.

Upon opening Camilla's door, Alicent was greeted by papers and books scattered on the floor, feathers from a pillow Camilla had ripped lay in a pile by the bed and bloody footprints lead across the stone floor to where Camilla sat by the fireplace. Light cast shadows upon the Tully girl's face as she watched the flames lick at a silver chain. Alicent carefully made her way to her friend, sitting down besides the girl.

"I presume you've heard the rumors." Camilla spoke, unable to tear her eyes from the bracelet.

"Yes."

The two friends merely sat in silence. Both mourning their relationship with Rhaenyra.

...

Life on Dragonstone had been quiet, almost silent as the two royal occupants avoided each other. Daemon assumed or rather hoped that Camilla would grow bored of exploring the cold stone halls of Dragonstone and search him out. For Daemon could not do it, to go to Camilla would be acknowledging the rumors, admitting his guilt.

Daemon was training with two of the knights that resided on Dragonstone. Swords clanged as Iron met Valyrian steel. The Prince moved gracefully, dodging and weaving. Dark sister was an extension of his own body, a part of him.

Daemon had just managed to knock over one of the knights when the one he was still sparring with stopped. Brown eyes stared over the Prince's shoulder, a look of amazement on the young knight's face. Lavender followed brown, turning around, Daemon was faced with his wife.

Camilla looked lovely like always, her wavy platinum hair cascaded down her back almost reaching her hips. Powder blue skirts swished as Camilla descended the stairs and met Daemon in the middle of the training grounds.

"So you have finally grown bored of staring at stone walls," Daemon smirked, digging the tip of Dark Sister into the ground and leaning his weight against the blade. "Come to watch your husband spar, Wife?"

"A letter arrived from King's Landing, I have been invited to attend Rhaenyra's wedding"

"Ah, so my brother has forgiven me."

"It is only addressed to me." Camilla corrected. "I am only letting you know I will be gone in a fortnight." With that Camilla turned away and walked back up the stairs.

Anger bubbled within Daemon. If Camilla thought she would be allowed to attend without him she was surely mistaken.

...

As soon as Camilla's ship from Dragonstone landed in the harbors of King's Landing, a group of knights led by Rhaenyra's sworn protector, Ser Criston, ushered Camilla and her personal knight into a royal carriage. The ride to the Red Keep was filled with an awkward silence as Camilla attempted to question Ser Criston on the Princess. Upon reaching the Red Keep Ser Criston escorted Camilla to the Queen's chambers.

"Lady Camilla Tully, Your Grace." Ser Criston announced as Camilla stepped into the room.

Alicent stood by the windows watching the servants bustle around in preparation for Rhaenyra's wedding. The Queen turned upon hearing her friend's name.

"Camilla," Alicent smiled. The two friends rushed towards each other, pulling the other close. "I have missed you."

"I've missed you more, Alicent."

"How has life at Dragonstone been?"

"Lonely, I've taken to avoiding Daemon. Thank you for sending Ser Denarius to keep me company, he has been a welcome addition to my days."

"I am glad, Ser Criston introduced him to me and I knew the two of you would get along."

"It is quite irregular that I have a white cloak following me around when I am not royalty."

"You are the King's ward and his brother's wife. Not to mention the Queen's only friend. You are close enough to royalty, Camilla."

"Have you spoken to Rhaenyra?"

"I must confess I learned something recently and have found myself unable to face her."

"What did you learn?"

Taking a deep breath, Alicent began to explain. "The morning after Rhaenyra and Daemon's scandal, I questioned her. And, well, she swore on her mother that her virtue remained, but then I discovered that was not true."

"Rhaenyra and Daemon..."

"No." Alicent interupted, before leaning in and whispering. "Rhaenyra and Ser Criston."

"And you are sure he has not lied."

"Yes, the Maestar was spotted bringing Rhaenyra a tea on the King's behalf."

"A tea?"

"Yes, a Tea." Alicent emphasized the word tea, trying to get her meaning across.

"Oh, a tea!" Camilla gasped. 

AN: Camilla's so fing clueless but she still somewhat sees the best in people, but don't worry were gonna beat that outta her.

Also the next chapter is the wedding.

 I'm so excited for Daemon and Camilla to interact more!

-ELE