Chapter Five

Following the celebrations held for Prince Aegon's second name day, Rhaenyra was sent on a tour of the Seven Kingdoms in hope the Princess would find herself a husband. Camilla had been sad to see her cousin go, the peace that followed Rhaenyra's leave was an enjoyable break from the tension and callousness that seemed to bleed from Rhaenyra's presence.

It was as if a new breath of life had been breathed into the halls of the Red Keep in the Princess's absence. The Queen glowed, a sense of ease filling her now that she was not faced with the hatred her old friend held for her every day. Camilla was happy to see her friend able to relax, no longer was Alicent taut from the stress she held herself under.

The two young women spent their afternoons in the Queen's chambers or under the Weirwood caring for the young prince and princess. That is where a servant found the two nobles. Out of breath from running, the servant warned the Queen and her companion of the return of Prince Daemon, Caraxes having been spotted on the horizon.

Camilla went numb at the mention of the banished prince. Alicent seeing the state her friend was in, took it upon herself to lead the Tully girl to the throne room. The crowd parting to make way for their Queen and her children.

Whispers filled the room as Lords and Ladies gossiped about Prince Daemon's return.

A warm hand squeezing her own, drug Camilla from the confines of her mind. Sending a grateful smile to her friend, Camilla's attention snapped to the great doors as a figure rounded the corner.

Prince Daemon looked as handsome as the last time she had seen him, though his once long locks were now cut short. White sticks wrapped around his head seemingly a mockery of the crown his brother wore. One hand rested on his hip, in reach of Dark Sister, while the other swung by his side holding a hammer of sorts.

Over Daemon's shoulder, Camilla could see a head of white hair following through the crowd. Rhaenyra had returned. As the Rogue prince neared the throne the Kings' Guards drew their swords, pointing them towards the Prince.

Prince Daemon finally came to a stop when the tip of a sword met the armor he wore. He looked down at the blade and then back up to the knight wielding it, before pointing the hammer he held in his right hand at his brother, the King. "Add it to the chair," he said, the weapon fell to the ground.

Murmurs filled the room as people waited to see how the King would react. The Lord Commander sheathed his sword and knelt to pick up the weapon.

"You wear a crown. Do you also call yourself king?" Viserys asked.

"Once we smashed the triarchy they named me King of the Narrow Sea." The crowd further broke out into whispers believing the Rogue Prince had come to declare himself king of his own kingdom. "But I know that there is only one true King, Your Grace."