Chapter Eleven

Sunlight filled the chambers, painting the dark stone walls in a soft golden light

Sunlight filled the chambers, painting the dark stone walls in a soft golden light. Two figures laid intertwined on the bed, covered only by the sheets. Violet eyes fluttered open. Camilla Tully was comfortable, she was warm. Heat radiated off of the two, a byproduct of the dragon blood flowing in their veins. The blonde rolled over, taking care not to wake the sleeping man as she cuddled up to him.Daemon's white hair was blinding in the morning light, his long lashes dusted his cheeks.  The ever present smirk was nowhere to be found this morning, making the Prince look young and innocent.

Camilla trailed a finger down the bridge of Daemon's nose, and over his lips. Daemon's pink lips parted as the prince nipped at Camilla's finger. Pulling her finger back, Camilla huffed as Daemon burst into laughter. The sound of his deep belly laugh caused a smile to spread over Camilla's lips as her bell-like laughter joined in.

As their laughs drew out, the two stared at each other. Lavender eyes trailed over Camilla's smiling face and the deep purple marks on her neck and chest. Asense of warmness bubbled within Daemon as he looked into Camilla's eyes, he had never felt such calmness until he looked into her eyes.

"I want to ask something of you." Camilla's lilting voice broke Daemon from his reverie.

"If it is for a repeat of last night, then yes." Daemon smirked, pulling Camilla into his chest and nipping at her neck.

"As much as I would enjoy that, that's not what I wished to ask." Camilla chuckled, pushing at Daemon's shoulders. "I want you to train me."

"Train you?" Daemon asked, pulling back so he could look into Camilla's eyes. "With the blade?"

"Yes. After what happened at the wedding I wish to learn how to protect myself."

Daemon did not know what to say, but at the thought of Camilla wielding a blade the feral, bloodthirsty part of him began to stir. "It will not be easy."

"I don't expect it to be."

Daemon nodded at that, before rolling over and jumping up from the bed. "Well then let's begin."

...

Camilla stood on the cliff sides of Dragonstone where the White cloaks and Daemon spent their time sparring. The wind blew her hair loose from her braid, so it whipped around her face. Daemon stood before her two blades in hand, waiting for Camilla to take one. Now that she was actually in the situation, the Tully girl looked unsure.

"I won't let you injure yourself, Camilla." At his reassuring look, Camilla took the blade from his outstretched hand.

The sword rested heavily in Camilla's hand, as the girl flipped the blade over to examine each side. It was lighter and longer than Camilla had thought it'd be. Camilla raised the blade, holding it in front of her like Daemon had shown her.

"Now, try to hit me." Camilla faltered but at Dameon's insistence Camilla attacked. The blade arched widely, missing Daemon by a few inches. "Use smaller movements."

At Daemon's instruction Camilla tried again. This time though Daemon's blade met her own, knocking her sword from her hand. Picking up her sword, Daemon stepped behind Camilla. Wrapping his arms around her, Daemon positioned her hands correctly around the hilt of the blade.

"Hold it like this, with both hands." Daemon's breath was warm against Camilla's neck, his lips brushing against the skin beneath her ear. "Move with the blade. Think of it as a part of you."

Daemon moved with Camilla, showing her how to swing and block with the blade. The two continued sparring, with Daemon stopping every once in a while to show Camilla the correct way to move. Camilla soaked in the new information, feeling exhilarated with a blade in her hand.