Chapter Twelve

"I didn't ask for any money" She said holding back tears

"But you need it" Tobi said softly with a tone that could be mistaken for kindness 

"I...I...YES BUT IT WASNT ABOUT THE MONEY" Remi managed to yell "It was about...about what was right"

"what was right?... I see" he said looking into the golden brown liquid in the cup he held. He gulped the content of his cup and then dropped it on the table beside him before he started to unbutton his suit. He took it off and rolled up the sleeves of his shirt.

He took a few steps towards the bed making eye contact with her as she gripped the duvet closer to her chest. He could sense her fear which he liked. Her eyes gave her thoughts away which gave him an upper hand and triggered his next move.

She leaped to run off the bed but his hand gripped her arm and pulled her back. she closed her eyes to embrace the force as she fell to the bed. 

with a swift move, he was atop of her but their bodies didn't touch.  

"Please I beg you...please" she said afraid to open her eyes that were wet with tears. she struggled to break loose as he held her other hand and pinned them to the bed above her head.

"why shouldn't I" he said "Afterall I think its the right thing to do"

She opened her eyes and looked into his. She couldn't read his face as she tried to calm her breath.

The door flew open and they both turned to look at the man who stepped in

"sir" he said  as he walked in and assessed the room "I apologise"

Unbothered by the mans interruption, Tobi gripped both her hands with one hand and proceeded to unbuckle is belt. "Help! Please" Remi started to panic as different thoughts ran through her head. 

Between the large room and the mans echoing foot steps Remi pleaded as she watched from one expressionless face to the other.

"Thank you" He said stretching his hand before looking at the man who had walked into the room as placed a phone in the palm of his hand

"We have a very important business call to tend to" He said looking at Remi

Remi looked away towards the window, she heard his footsteps go around the bed. He approached the table where Tobi left his cup and dropped a gun on the table.

Remi gulped hard as she turned to see Tobi looking at her with a grin. He released her hand but remained over her. He rolled over and laid on his back next to her.

Remi watched the man walk towards the door as she thought about the gun on the other side of the room, there was no point thinking about escaping. If he wanted to he would have and he will.

She turned to look at him slowly but he stood up and headed towards the arm chairs in front of the windows. 

He sat in one and looked out the window and then to her. 

"Join me Remi" he said softly. 

"I am fine here, thank you" she said with a hoarse voice.

"I didn't ask Remi" His head now resting between his fingers, massaging the side of his head as if to show his lack of patience.

"please I don't want to ..." she said loud enough under her breathe

He stared at her blankly and she stood up from the bed, her legs shook as it carried her sudden doubled weight due to the fear of recent events.

He watched as she pushed the duvet away and walked towards him. 

she stood in front of the chair across from him 

"Pick up the gun"

"What!" 

"The gun, Remi pick it up" he said as he worked on his phone. she looked behind him as she thought about how crazy he was to capture her, try to have his way with her and practically hand her a gun.

"Have you ever shot one before" 

"no" she answered slowly as she picked up the gun. the weight surprised her

"hmmm" His phone started to ring"

"Thank you for returning my calls directly Tobi" the familiar voice said which made Remi turn around quickly

"hmmm"

"I would like to ask about Remis safety"

"She is well and safe....and her parents?" he asked as he placed the phone on the table and signalled for her to keep quiet and have a sit across him. Her hands held on tight to the gun

"I did as you wished...Tobi please"

She raised the gun to point at his head and a smirk grew on his face

"As your wedding date been set" he said leaning back into his chair as he watched Remis eyes widen

"Tobi, Please" Chima's voice cracked before he continued " Yes it has been"

"change it, my assistant will provide you with an available date. I don't usually do this you see. But I am sure your father will be glad I considered without a proper invitation"

"Tobi, please where is Remi"

"fully engross your mind with your upcoming nupitals...send my regards"

He ended the call and placed the phone on one arm of the chair and leaned into the other

"do it and you do me a favour" 

"Where's my family ?" she asked has her hands shook

"I have a reputation but I am not a monster Remi"