Chapter 19

"Remi!" Timi yelled out behind her as she stormed off the pier "calm down"

Tobi grabbed her arm and turned her around, he shook her back and forth.

"What the fuck is wrong with you" he yelled....she had thrown the ring away for the last time he thought to himself. "I will kill you myself"

He clocked his hand gun and put it to her head.

"Tobi" Timi said

"Do not Interfere" he said without breaking his stare down with Remi to look at Timi who was behind him.

Fear gripped Remi and she closed her eyes as she waited for him to pull the trigger.

She heard a gun shot and jumped. Then another.

She felt him drop her hand. The last thing she would feel. His touch.

No pain?.

She finally opened her eyes to see Timi in front of her.

He was looking over her head and she turned to look at Tobi reaching for someone on the floor.

She watched him drag the person up by his shirt and punch him severally, he then put the gun to the side of his head and shoot him.

He tried shooting again and the gun clicked. It was out of bullets. He flung the gun and grunted loudly and kicked the air.

He walked towards them angrily and pulled her by the arm.

"I am exactly who you think I am. Remi" he said firmly taking a step forward. Looking down at Remi, his next step makes her step backwards. "...So when I tell you to keep the damn ring on, you fucking keep it on!"

He took in a deep breathe and turned away.

"you have 10 minutes to make up your mind or go as far away and stay as low as you possibly can" He yelled firmly as he tried to keep control of his anger before strolling into the house.

Timi took her hand and squeezed the ring into her hand. He let out a small smile  before walking past her. 

 After a few moments of silence by herself, a feminine voice from behind her said

"Did she teach you nothing....all those weeks did she tell you nothing" 

Remi assumed she was talking about Anu but chose to remain clueless.

Remi turned slowly to see one of the most beautiful woman she has ever seen in her life. She was tall and her hair was curled up Cindy Crawford style. Her mannerism was exquisite as she stood on the deck of a boat. Her dark skin shimmered under the moonlight. 

"ehhh...who are you" Remi said before she started to look around hoping Timi or Tobi would come back to her rescue

"that's not what I asked you sweetheart"

sweetheart!. They probably were the same age Remi thought.

Remi started to assume she might be a member of the family she never got to learn about. 

"why are you ungrateful?" she said with spite in her voice that made Remi think she definitely was one of the people who wanted her dead

"I am not ungrateful, you dont even know me"

"oh darling I know you...A wealthy man forgives you for your misdemeanour and shelters you and your family from harm and like a fish in the dessert you keep jumping out of that bowl filled with water"

"He is only keeping me alive because I am of use to him"

"That's right and in exchange you stay alive"

"That's a contract I never signed off on"

"That's a contract no one needs to think to signs off on before it goes into effect. He marked you to keep you safe and you need to start acting right and take your place"

"Marked me?...wait wait what!"

"He could either let them kill your for their own good or use you for his and keep you alive. Think about it Remi everywhere you went, everyone that came in contact with you"

The maids at the house, the guards, the gardeners every single person she's ever come across always looked at her ring.

"and if you can just take a moment to truly self reflect and stop being hypocritically self righteous for one moment and get along with the show, you will soon realise you are not the victim. You never were" she said as she took several steps towards Remi

"I,I" she stammered as she took a step back 

"You are not in distress Remi. Stop pretending to be miserable while living in a palace with 100's of people at your service knowing your family is safe " she said before brushing her shoulder against Remi as she walked past her "Your current reality is what most of the people who want you dead want so stop with the naivety and get with it, see you inside"

Remi had nothing to say. She couldn't cry as she considered everything the lady had just said to her. She wasn't entirely wrong. and she wasn't entirely right but she knew what she had to do.