CHAPTER 44

Remi was fuming with anger. She wanted to rip her heart out and disappear.

Five maids lined up looking down with their hands in front of them.

'Please, take the madams bags back' Sarah ordered softly
They attempted to touch her bags and Remi snapped

'Anyone who goes against my orders will be fired'

The maids looked at Sarah, confused about what they should do. Tobi's orders were the only ones that could overrule Remi's orders and he had said nothing before walking away.

No instructions, no orders. Nothing.

Sarah wanted to keep her jobs and so did the maids

'Take them down to the car' Remi ordered but they didn't move.

The foyer fell silent as the maids fear became more obvious.

'Please ma'am' one said as she fell to her knees 'I have children to feed. If we do this he will fire us and I don't put it against him to kill one of us or all of us. Please Ma'am'

The rest of them knelt down behind her as Remi tried to hold back tears before she could say anything Sarah barked at them 'get up, and follow the order'

They stood up slowly before taking a bow and proceeding to roll the bags out. Remi exchanged a final glance at Sarah before walking away. Hoping to never return.

She's got his child? Whats the worse he would do to her?

As she got to the door, a guard held the door out for her and she looked back, one last time at the magnificent house that had somehow become home without her realising it.

She smiled at him and said 'goodnight'
'Take care ma'am...it's a bit slippery' he said as she stepped out and another guard put an umbrella over her head. She smiled to thank him as he helped her down the stairs. As they descended the stairs the car pulled in and the guards put the bags in the car booth.

Remi reached the door and the maids stepped aside, almost soaked with rain as they bowed to her and walked up the stairs hurriedly. Remi's eyes flickered as she looked at them, she felt embarrassed and scared.

She walked into the door that was held out for her.

'Airport please' she said as she focused on placing her bag next to her. She straightened her dress and looked out the window as the car drove away. She admired the estate as tears escaped her eyes.

She tried to text her parent when her phone went off. Remi signed, that was the last straw 'what the hell' she screamed as she shook herself and hit the head of the seat in front of her 'why is this happening to me'

Remi was throwing a tantrum. 'God why am I crying, why did you let me love this man. He doesn't even deserve it'

She succumbed to crying quietly into her hands as soon as she remembered she wasn't the only one in the car. She had to compose herself.

All her crying was making her hungry and the hunger was making her sleepy and she could only give in to one.

'Can you please stop at a restaurant, I need to eat something' remi said calmly between sob