Chapter 42

'I thought I had done something wrong. I was scared of loosing you, just to find out that this was why you were acting different' he said before his voice broke. Remi could see his eyes blur with tears as he yelled 'it was all an act to you' he yelled thunderously

'Tobi please I beg you' she pleaded as she cried

'Was it him or was it grandfather'

'Neither of them. It's just me and you. It wasn't an act....I swear let me explain'

'You had your chance to tell me. I am suppose to be your husband for God sake, you said you loved me, does that mean nothing to you, do I mean nothing to you' he yelled as he knelt down to level with her 'was this part of your plan all along....'

Remi didn't answer

'Answer me' he commanded thunderously as a tear drop escaped from his eye

'No, I swear'

'I want you to stay away from me, Remi. I don't want to feel your presence....because I need to stay sane to deal with this cause heaven knows I can't deal with it the way I really want to' he said spitefully as he dragged the picture from her and crushed it in his hand as he thought about how much blood he wanted to spill for the pain he felt before standing up and walking away from her.

He wanted to kill him slowly.

He punched the wall on his way out and swore at the top of his voice.

A tear rolled down his face as he walked away.  'This hurts so much'

Was it his heart or his hand.

Remi cried as she stayed where she was.

'I was scared, I didn't know what had happened and I didn't know how to tell you, I didn't know how you would react. I just wanted to help him. He said you were after him' Remi said tearfully

'I am your husband, you should have spoken to me first, you should have asked me, trusted me enough to honour me with the truth' he yelled

'I am telling you now, Tobi and you are not listening'

'You are only telling me because I confronted you, because I waited for you to come to me. To trust me and you didn't....how long would you have kept it to yourself '

' for as long as it took to remain by your side, for you to not look at me which such contempt and hate as you do now. I would have kept it for as long as it meant I could stay by your side and love you' remi yelled as she stood up, mustering all her courage to defend herself ' that's how much I love you, to push away how horrible I feel about being assaulted to be strong for you. I wanted to put you first to shield and protect you from being hurt and betrayed only for me to get the same reaction I was scared shitless of...'

' I begged you to tell me what was wrong while you cried. I waited for you to tell me. I gave you days to come to me with your truth'

Remi calmed down at the revelation that he wasn't just finding out.

'How long....?'

' before the election, Remi' he said, he was exhausted and just wanted out of her presence

Remi took in a deep breath...it wasn't wining the election that made him scarce at home, it was this

Remi nodded to herself with disappointment before walking off. Tobi knew that long and said nothing to her.

Tobi smashed a cup against the wall as she walked away behind him.

----------///------

Chima rushed into his room at his parent house, he placed a suit case on his bed as he started to pull clothes out from his closet. He needed to get away. He needed to escape. It was only a matter of time before his actions came to light.

Everything he had ever done was for love

'Chima, talk to me what's happening'

'I made a bad deal, I made a really bad deal mom'

'With who, son'

His phone rang and the room fell silent. He watched the no caller Id as it rang for a moment before jumping to pick the phone.

'Hey, what's up....no...no....hmm...ok got it....thanks man...I appreciate....okay... good bye'

'What's wrong son'

'I need to speak with Remi'

'The governor's wife' his mother said as he tried not to roll her eyes at her. She should have been his wife

'Yes, remi...come with me' he said as he zipped his bag before heading out with it.

He rushed past his hallway as he spoke to his mom

'Sir...' a maid called out repeatedly despite him putting his hands up to stop her from interrupting him

'What' he yelled at her as they entered his fathers study.

'You have a guest' she said fearfully

'I am not receiving any guests, I made this clear days ago'

'I don't think you have a choice' her familiar deep feminine voice said

Chima shivered in his shoes as he turned around slowly to look at her. It was his judgment day. He swallowed hard before mentioning her name.

'Ophelia....to what do I owe this pleasure' he said as he tried not to break a sweat while trying to avoid looking at her hand as she slid what he knew was a gun across the table.

'My visit doesn't seem like a surprise, you seemed to be packed and ready to go'