Chapter 43

Ophelia had overheard Sarah talking about the incident with one of the guards and had began her investigation  immediately.

She knew what she had to do before Tobi instructed her. She knew he would be distraught as well. He would feel betrayed by someone he loved while not being able to handle things the way he is use to.

Ophelia had told him and pleaded with him to keep it to himself till she was able to find out more.

She had threatened Sarah to tell her about any drama that ensued regarding the issue.

Ophelia dined with one of the rumoured sponsors of a terrorist group rumour had has plans to attack the state when she received a text from Sarah.

Sarah had received an unfamiliar letter in the post while looking through the house mails and bills for accounting and safety reasons. If there was going to be a letter bomb she might as well be the one to get killed, she knew the risk of her job, if anything it excited her.

She had opened the envelope to reveal the pictures and she quickly put it away. Sarah thought about keeping it away from Mr Talabi but she knew getting rid of it would cost her the job or  her life depending on how angry it made him. So she texted Ophelia, if she told her what to do and she followed through then sarah could blame Ophelia completely and it could serve as payback for threatening her.

So Sarah texted her about the picture and the drama to arise because of it.

Ophelia put her phone aside and smiled towards her date as she thought about the best excuse to get her out of the situation and deal with her other business quickly. Hopefully before any mess is made. She could not guarantee Tobi keeping his cool with the pictures.

'I know the rumours aren't true but just incase they were, I wouldn't push it. You don't want to' she said with a smile as she pulled her napkin aside and reached for her purse and maintained eye contact with the man old enough to be her father who has always had eyes for her.

'I have no affiliation with the group Ophelia. I am not a sponsor...you know I am merely honoured to be sat here with you and I know if it were not for the rumours you wouldn't have given me a time or a day' he said to her with a dubious smile as he watched her get ready to stand up and leave

'Thank you, senator but you know how busy I am' she said calmly as she stood up and stretched out her hand. He took it in his and placed a kiss on the back of her hand. Everyone knew how busy Ophelia using her charm and smarts to keep people in check and remain scared of the family.

She took her hands back and turned to leave

'Maybe people no longer fear the family as much due to the lack of unity....there's more than one rumour out there Ophelia...there has to be some truth to it' he said as Ophelia tapped on her purse as she listened to him without turning to face him. she took in a deep breath as he completed his statement before walking away.

They truly was more than enough rumours out there but the one feared her the most.

.....................

The valets got her car ready as she stepped down the stairs of the hotel, she admired her black sports car as he pulled it in to the front of the hotel.