Chapter 15

They drove for what seemed like a long time. Remi could identify some of the areas they drove by. The car ride was silent and her siblings dozed off from time to time despite the looming danger.

The airport came into focus. 

"Hassan where are we going"

"The governor has arranged for your family to leave the country as soon as possible for their safety"

"what is happening. please tell me Hassan"

"Remi" her father said firmly as he looked out the window "please"

They drove down a different road path that required clearance and then through a well lit tunnel and stopped.

A jet black wall opened and a lady in a black suit walked out and held the door open. 

Hassan stepped out first and helped everyone else out. The car zoomed off as the sound of the door closing echoed behind them as they walked down a white hallway.

The woman opened a door for them to reveal a lounge where her future husband stood, waiting.

The rest of her family asides her father let out a small gasp. 

He walked passed her as if she was invincible and reached for her fathers hand.

"I apologise that we have to meet this way" he said softly as he put both his hands over her father's. 

He looked over at her mom and smiled.

"what is happening" she heard one of her siblings mumble

"The jet has been prepared for your comfort. It would only be for a little while " he said to her father who nodded 

"thank you" her father said

Remi stood there lost in thought of prayers, its all had to be a bad dream.

"baba Remi, what is happening" her mom questioned 

"I will explain it all later" he said to calm her down "head on now "he nudged for his wife to take charge of the rest of their children. Her father nodded at Hassan who then led them away.

 Remi watched her mom urge the rest of her kids out of the room before hesitating to leave herself.

"Tobi, can I call you that"

"of course please"

"I know my daughter and I know it wont be easy to keep her out of trouble" he said before reaching his hand out for hers "You do not owe us your protection but please try your hardest"

Remi started to cry as she watched her father place her hand into Tobi's hand.

"I will try"

"thank you" Remi's father placed one hand on Tobi's shoulder as he looked up to him then at his daughter "we owe him greatly" 

"He put us in this mess, how do we owe him anything" she said with disbelief 

"He didn't, you did" her father said firmly. His voice hinted his concealed anger. She looked at both of them in disbelief as the room fell silent for a moment before Hassan opened the door.

"Its time sir"

"shall we" Tobi said 

Her father followed Hassan and she followed her father as she felt Tobi's gaze on her as he walked behind her.

The jet was set. The hostess and the pilots stood by the door at the top of the stairs to welcome them as they walked in.