Chapter 14

"Can you stop crying and say something" Her father said as he looked at his precious daughter crying her lungs out beside him.

He patted her on the back before looking up to look at the man that came in with her

"what happened....Remi talk to me" she sobbed.

Her mom walked in and landed a hard slap on her back which made Remi drag herself away

The pain jilted her to her senses as she and her mother had a quick stare off  before the woman walked away. The slap was enough for Remi to understand what she had done wrong and what she had to do.

Remi had picked a jean and a shirt out of the stunning walking in closest Anu said was now hers. everything was in her size with price tags that sent chills down her back. 

She couldn't marvel over it as much as she wanted. She sat for Anu to help her with her hair but a professional walked in to do it and Anu stood over them. Supervising and instructing. 

Hassan led her through the house as they planned to exist. People bowed or stopped till they passed by them. It was all overwhelming for Remi. 

The house was enormous.

They finally exist through large opened double doors. They climbed down the stairs that overlooked a  beautiful green field. A black car was packed waiting for them. 

The door was opened for her by a man who immediately bowed as she reached for the door. she turned to look at the castle behind her. 

How is this even possible. 

She got in and Hassan got in the front seat beside the driver. 

As they drove down the road, There was no other house. Between the large palm, trees one could see a large stable, a golf course, a field where the horses ate grass on and a beautiful garden that went on for a mile before they reached the gates. 

Outside the gates she could see people in uniform getting checked to go through the gate. 

Remi closed her eyes to calm her racing mind. 

"Ma'am" Hassans voice echoed as she woke up. "we are here now"

"hmmm...thank you" she said as she collected herself. 

She reached for her bag and then her phone. she looked at her hand and saw the ring. 

She proceeded to remove it and Hassan said "I wouldn't do that ma'am" 

She looked at his unflinching face. 

He moved a way to let her through the door.

"where are we?" she asked as she stepped out in front of two large black gates. 

she looked around. a car drove by. It definitely was a residential estate on the island.

"we are here to see your parents" Hassan replied as he knocked in a weird way on the gate and looked into the camera. 

The gate was opened by yet another man in suit who nodded at Hassan and bowed is head slightly towards Remi.

She caught him glimpse at her ring and realised she had noticed a lot of the staffs do that. She made a mental note to ask Anu or Hassan why.