Chapter One

" I would like to encourage everyone to take their classes seriously, check your emails constantly for confirmation messages from the organization and stay prepped and ready to resume work as soon as possible. That would be all for today" Chima the manager in charge of the Transportation division had yelled at the top of his voice to the class of wannabe drivers, marketers or customer representative for the Lagos State Transportation division.

The state had finally decided to rebrand the Transportation system that was founded by the former Governor of the state and they had put out job openings for the general public that had qualifications that the system required.

Chima was tall but lanky and had his father to thank for the position despite the fact that he was more than qualified for the position, he was Igbo and Lagos State belonged to the Yorubas and they hardly gave space for other tribes in the running of their state affairs regardless of the position. She knew so much because he was her boyfriend. They've been together since university. Remi smiled at him lovingly as she always did. Not to obvious that people would notice.

"The results of the field test for drivers are out, they are on the notice board outside" he added as The room started to clear.

She made her way to him. She loved seeing him in his space and she loved how he looked and felt when he was the one in charge. They always kept it professional whenever she came for her classes.

"Good day,sir. I would like to talk to you about something" she said as she made eye contact with him. He avoided making eye contact, he hated how it made him feel weak but she did it anyway. He cleared his throat before directing her out and towards his office.

"Remilekun" he said as he shut the door of his office. His Igbo accent was obvious in how he pronounced her full name. He walked towards her and wrapped her in his arms. He looked at her and kissed her softly. "Big head".

He walked around the table and sat on his chair. He gestured for her to walk over. She sat on his lap " sir, this isn't appropriate. What if your girlfriend walks in"

" she knows about you." He said as he brushed her hair off her face.

"Did I pass?" She asked him

" Yes, you did. Good thing you learnt how to drive that year." He replied
"And you said I didn't need to"

"I honestly don't know why you want to be on the field instead of being in the office or something" he said with the same doubtful look he had on everytime they talked about it.

"Because it pays more, and you know we need it. My mom, my dad, you know what I mean" she said.

They had been dating for five years but everyday felt like they had just met the week before, it was that exciting with him. " are you embarrassed by me"

The room fell quite for a moment. " no, I am not Remi. It's just..." he said

"You hesitated " she said as she stood up and left.

"Just take the representative job and I will pay you the difference" he yelled as she walked out.

She walked past the offices they had come through. No one at his work knew about their relationship in fact no one except the friends they have in common from school knew about their relationship and she liked it that way.