Chapter 47

Remi was standing at chima's funeral alongside her husband, trying not to cry behind her dark shades as she reminisced the moments they shared. Tobi took her arms in his and squeezed it tight as they stood up for the final prayer.

She was glad he came. How did they get here?

A week after Laila's visit, Ophelia had subjected laila to several shopping spree and Laila who wanted to impress her brother and get on his good side played along.

Remi feared Laila would want to go the extra mile to trigger Ophelia to get her memory back so she asked if Tobi could send someone to Tail them.

Remi worried about Tobi as well, when he wasn't annoyed by the terrorism threats, he was worrying about her and their child and Ophelia or running business for grandfather.

He squeezed her hand and led her to the middle of the congregation where people walked to the front to pay their respect to Chima one last time.

They strolled forward and stopped to look down at him 'Tobi, I am scared'

'I am on it I promise' he said as he patted her back. She looked up at him to see him looking at his family standing away and shaking hands with well wishers. China's mom made eye contact with Tobi for a moment and he looked down to tell remi 'give me a minute'

He tried to walk away when Remi held his hand back. 'Please...' she pleaded with him with her eyes, she wanted to talk to her as well.

Remi looked at her as Tobi held her hand leading her towards the woman trying to not catch anyone's attention as they walked by. Through Remi's shades, she could see the fear in Chimas mothers eyes.

'Thank you for coming, governor' she said as her voice broke off. Remi couldn't control herself, disregarding her instincts she leaped in for a hug. She couldn't remember any of the things she said, all that mattered was her son, the man she once loved was dead.

After a few moments Remi broke off the hug and stepped away 'is it okay for us to talk in private' the woman said quietly

'Of course' Tobi agreed before leading her away holding Remi's hand. They now had a reputation for doing almost everything together.

After they got to a safe distance, she paused and looked back. The rest of the crowd was hardly visible anymore.

'Ophelia came to our house the night she got shot and so did errr your men regarding the incident and...'

'Yeah they did but I had no news from the visit..' Tobi agreed with a stern face 'what about it'

'My son made a deal and and....I can't believe he would do this...'
'Are you sure it's him that did this to your son...'
'Tell me who else would dare, you?'......there was a moment of silence as Remi looked from one face to another.

Over her? Tobi wouldn't, she knew now that he wouldn't. He knows she loves him and only him.

Tobi's face did not shift due to the accusation, he just stared back at her blankly before she said 'I am sorry governor, it's just too much, my son is gone'

Remi watched as she broke into tears, she didn't feel the urge to hug her anymore or console her. She waited for Tobi to ask more questions but he didn't even look interested in being there anymore.

Remi watched as he walked away without looking back, she smiled softly as if to tell the woman she had to go with her husband.

His anger reflected in every stride.

She walked as fast as her pregnant legs could walk.She watched him pick a call and stop in his stead to look back at her. He waited till she joined him as he listened in on his call. She reached him and he took her hand and led her to the cars that drove up to the road where they were approaching.

Tobi held the door out for her and she got in. Remi knew he was angry and she wasn't about to invade his thoughts on their drive home, it wasn't the right place to unravel whatever she had missed in the conversation. She reached for his hand and placed it on her tummy.

Tobi rubbed her tummy and placed a kiss on her forehead. Her bump wasn't very obvious but it was there, He held on to her hand through out their drive.

She strolled to her room as he followed behind her, he always helped her take off her shoes. It was like a form of submission that he enjoyed. It was the one thing he always made time for whenever he was home. She missed him. His job, his family, Ophelia, business everyone had his attention but she craved him.

He knelt down as he took of her shoes, as he tried to stand up she pulled him in between her legs and wrapped her legs around his thighs.

They looked at each other and Remi kissed him softly. He placed his head on her chest for a moment before he drew in a long breath, her scent intoxicated him. He missed her, he wanted her despite how conflicted he felt now more than he had the past months. He placed kisses on her breasts as his instincts took over his craving for her, he tugged softly and tore at her dress as he pulled her in.

He caressed her bum and thighs as he kissed her neck. He traced her back with his hand. The muscle memory led him in between her warm thighs.

He stood up and lifted her to the bed, he pulled off his shirt and unbuckled his belt as he took off his shoes. He raised the dress over her legs as he hovered above her. He was delicate for the baby's sake.

He thrusted himself inside her and they moaned together as their rhythm changed and synced together. She was the sexiest pregnant woman he had ever seen. He couldn't believe she was going to make him a father.

Remi made him lay down and she sat on top of him. He cupped her heavy breast and she mounted him and pleasured him in ways only she could till she climaxed.

As Tobi tried to climax a vision of his grandfather killing his wife and child crossed his mind and he fell short. He hoped Remi didn't notice but she did. Her face dropped.

'Who did she make a deal with?' She asked firmly hoping he would mention any other person in the world but he didn't

They just looked at each other and Remi knew it was Him.

Grandfather.