Chapter Three

{{Täka'yi- (Ta-ka-yee)
{{Vo'rofay- (Vo-ra-fay)
{{Apngu- (Ap-nu)

Aonung quickly opened the window, looking down.
"Lo'ak? What are you doing here?"

Lo'ak smiled, looking to his sides before going back to Aonung.
"Go to the woods. Bring Tsireya and Rotxo."

Aonung furrowed his eyebrows, hesitantly nodding before stepping back.
He walked over to Tsireya, quietly waking her up.

"Aonung? What are you doing?" Tsireya asked as she sat up, looking around until Aonung put a finger to her lips.

"Be quiet, come with me."

Tsireya nodded, carefully getting up before jumping out the window with Aonung.

°^°^°^°^°^°

Lo'ak smiled as he turned to the three Metkayina teens who appeared.

He walked to them, greeting them all before leasing them deeper to the forest.
They walked until they hit a cliff. Looking down to see the calm waters.

Aonung turned upon hearing the leaves rustle.
A small smile found its way upon his lips as he saw Neteyam and Kiri emerge. Looking between the group that was already there.

Lo'ak whistled, gaining everyone's attention.
"Now, since you've shown is your ways. We're going to show you ours."

The three Metkayina teens looked to each other, sending questioning glances.

Lo'ak walked over to Tsireya, taking her by the hand and smiling to her.
Kiri walked to Rotxo, smiling as she nodded to him, calming his worries.

Aonung turned as he felt a warm hand in his cool one. He tensed as he saw Neteyam smile softly at him.
"Lo'ak talked to me. I am still upset with your childlike games, but, it's not worth anger."

Aonung smiled, squeezing Neteyam's hand.
"Thank you."

Neteyam nodded.

He let go of Aonung's hand, walking a few steps Infront of the group.
"You both ready?"

Lo'ak and Kiri nodded, chuckling as the other three slightly tensed. Backing away.

Neteyam turned to the cliff, his siblings soon standing beside him. A large space between them.

Neteyam was the first to let out a call. A loud chirp, it rang through the trees. Creating an echo all around them.
Lo'ak followed, then Kiri.

Aonung, Tsireya, and Rotxo all stepped back as Ikran's landed on the cliff. Each Infront of their rider.

Kiri was the first to speak. Her Ikran was a deep purple, it's wings and legs having shades of brown wrapping around them. It's eyes a deep gold.
"Do not look them in the eye."

Next was Lo'ak. His ikran, a beautiful ocean blue, deep browns and teals spotted around it's body. It's eyes a light gold and green. A mix of both, making it glow in the dark night.
"They are gentle creatures, but fierce. Don't show fear, they can sense it."

Finally, was Neteyam. His Ikran, was a bright teal green color. It's body having hues of a fluorescent blue and bright purple. It's eyes a neon gold. Pupils almost cat like, drowned by the bright golden color.
"Each Ikran has one rider for life, similar to your ilu's."

Neteyam turned, smiling as his Ikran rubbed it's head against his shoulder. Carefully shoving her away, before turning to the group.
"You'll each ride with one of us. Getting a glimpse of our lives."

Aonung and the others looked between each other. Tsireya smiled, Rotxo still looking at the creatures.

"Rotxo," Kiri spoke, taking a step forward in his direction. "You'll ride with me. His name is Vo'rofay."