Chapter Eleven

Neteyam laughed as Aonung splashed him with water, quickly returning the action.
Lo'ak and the others soon joined in, the day starting with a splash battle.

Tuk wrapped around Neteyam allowing the others to attack him.

He coughed as water went down his throat, laughing as Tuk held him tighter.
He could have easily thrown her off, but it was nice seeing her so happy.
They all were so happy.

Neteyam stood as his ears twitched, turning to his brother and sister.
"You both hear that?"

Lo'ak and Kiri nodded, standing as water fell off of them.
Neteyam let his eyes roam around the sky, Lo'ak and Kiri doing the same.

Aonung looked to Spider, Tsireya by his side.
"What are they doing?"

Spider scoffed, watching the sky as well. He kept his voice to a whisper though, almost afraid of truly disturbing them.
"Their from the forest, remember? They have the best hearing of anyone I've ever met."

Tsireya flicked her own ears, tilting her head.
Aonung did the same, his ears coming with nothing. They heard nothing.

"You won't hear it."

They turned back to Spider, waiting impatiently for him to continue.

"They've grown able to separate the sounds. They can hear the mountain banshees breathing from here, what predators are around, where the rain is, where it will land."

Aonung looked to Tsireya, her eyes holding the same.

'so what are they hearing now?'

Neteyam's eyes widened, he quick set down Tuk, calling her Ilu.
"Go, Tuk! Get mom and dad!"

She nodded, racing to shore before they saw her run off.
Neteyam nodded to his siblings, all taking off towards the nearby rock.

Aonung and Tsireya watched cautiously. Part of them thought it could be a prank.
Lo'ak, from what they've heard, was known to be once the prankster.

They called for their Ikran's, soon taking off once they bonded.
Aonung and Tsireya called their Ilu's, taking off after them from the water.

They turned behind them, seeing their parents following. Netiryi in the sky with Jake.
Kiri slightly rerouted, picking up Tuk before speeding back to her siblings.

Netiryi, Jake, and Aonung's parents soon caught up to him.
Slowing down to speak.

"Son, what is it?!" Tonowari yelled, his face scrunched from the water.

"They heard something!"
Tsireya shouted back, going under the water to go faster.
They all soon followed, looking up to make sure they were going the right way.

°^°^°^°^°^°

The group walked to the wooded shore, trees fallen into the sand.

Aonung and Tsireya looked behind them.
Tonowari held a spear as well as Ronal. Netiryi had her classic bow, her face fierce. Jake had his knife.

Jake pressed his fingers to his neck. His ears perking up.
"Shadow leader, do you read?"

It was silent for a few moments. Then he tried again.

"Night shade, do you read?"

They heard static before Lo'ak broke through. It was broken up, in the back they heard the Ikran's.
"Loud and clear, sir."

Jake and Neytiri sighed, all of them huddling close to them to hear as well.
"Good. What's your location?"

Static, much more than the last time. They heard Kiri yell in the background, Neteyam ordering them to land.
"I can see you! Just walk a few more feet. We're landing."