Chapter Four

{{Zímey- (Z-eh-may)

"Lo'ak!?" Neteyam gasped, tears brimming his face. "Kiri?! Tuk?!"

Neteyam screamed, looking around frantically.
He was back at the forest. But it was destroyed.

Dead creatures littered the ground, Na'vi screaming and running.
The trees were falling, fire igniting the leaves.

"Mom?! Dad?!"

He ran to his home, letting out a broken scream as he saw his siblings bloody and burned on the ground.
His parents feet away from them, wrapped in each other's arms, unmoving.

He ran to his siblings, dropping his bow to the ground.

"Lo'ak!" He screamed as he touched his brothers chest, his body now cold. He crouched to Kiri, seeing blood cover her face.

"Tuk..Tuk!"

He ran outside, seeing a small blue body by the creek.
He quickly jumped down, landing in the cold water. Now red with blood.

He picked up her lifeless body, holding her close to his chest.
A broken son escaped from his lips as he moved her hair.

He picked her up, unsteadily walking up the hill to their home, sitting next to his family.
"Please.. don't leave me!"

He cried, for what felt like hours.

"Someone help! Ple-"

Neteyam jumped awake, sitting up instantly. He touched his face, feeling his tears soak his fingers.
"Neteyam?"

He turned his head, smiling as he saw his mother. She quickly went to him, putting their foreheads together before taking his hand in hers.
"Come, for some quiet."

Netiryi soon took him to the shore, setting them down. Neteyam laid his head in her lap as he did when he was young.
Her fingers gently running through his hair.

Aonung walked with his sister and the Sully siblings, all silent.
They had been walking to the Sully hut to fetch Neteyam, only to find it empty.

"It's Netiryi and Neteyam." Rotxo whispered, pointing to the shore.

They all stopped walking as they got close enough to see and hear what was going on. Sitting down in the sand out of sight.

Netiryi let out a sigh, gently moving her son to look at her.
"Ma Neteyam, what troubles you? You have not slept so restless for a long time."

Neteyam sat up, looking away as he wiped his eyes. Feeling his tears return as he recalled his dream.

Netiryi brought him to her side, running a hand down his back.
"Neteyam, what is causing you pain? I cannot fix it if I do not know."

Neteyam sighed, looking down, as he brought his knees to his chest.
"I've been having dreams."

Netiryi waited silently, knowing that was not at all he had to say.

"They start in the forest. It's peaceful, and then I leave. I go with Täka'yi for a hunt and when I come back-"

Neteyam tensed, his chin quivering as tears slid down his face.

"The trees are on fire, the Ikran's are dead, Na'vi are running. When I get to the house, you're all..gone. Bloody and cold."

Netiryi covered her mouth, feeling her veins run cold.

Lo'ak looked to Kiri, worry filling their faces.
"Did you know?"

Kiri shook her head, looking back to their older brother.