Chapter Six

Aonung carefully ran his hand down Neteyam's back, calmly waking the sleeping Na'vi.

He smiled as Neteyam groaned, turning around. His eyes finally opening as he saw Aonung at the edge of his bed.

"Aonung? What's going on?" Neteyam asked through a yawn, folding back in on himself as he brought his hands to his head.

Aonung laughed at the seemingly exhausted boy, his hand rubbing down his arm.
"Lo'ak wants to go flying, he sent me to wake you."

Neteyam let his lower lip stick out, pouting at his brothers early eagerness.
Though he should have expected it.

Last night, after Neteyam's sudden departure, the group lightened his day by insisting on something both idiotic and terrific.
They would become the teachers. Teaching the Metkayina's teens their ways from the forest.
They would learn to climb, how fly an Ikran, how to shoot a bow, and how to care for the flora around them.

Aonung sighed as Neteyam made no move to get up, only laying on his side with a pout.
He carefully placed a hand on the darker's waist, gently pressing his thumb into his skin.

Neteyam whined, sitting up as he passed a warning glare to Aonung.

The latter returned it with a smile as he stood, crossing his arms.
"Now let's go. They are all waiting."

Neteyam sighed, standing up and walking to the door.

°^°^°^°^°^°

Tsireya and Lo'ak went to the cliff, returning to his Ikran for her first lesson. Kiri decided Rotxo would benefit from learning of the Flora first instead of flying or archery.

Aonung hesitantly stood next to Neteyam at the base of a tree.
It wasn't as tall as it could've been, but taller than Aonung preferred.

"Now,"
Aonung turned as Neteyam began to spoke. Kick-starting their lesson.
"Breathing is different to climb. You breath from here-"

Neteyam pointed to Aonung's chest, mimicking it himself.
"In through your nose, raise your chest, out through your nose. Then again."

Aonung was fairly impressed at how quickly he was able to change his breathing pattern.
It almost felt natural. But after some time, it felt tiring.

Neteyam smiled, satisfied with Aonung's progress as he moved to the tree, grabbing a branch with one of his hands.

"Turn your hand over, palm to the sky. When you go to pull yourself up, your feet hit the base of the tree. Then, walk with your feet, grab the next branch with your other hand, holding it in the opposite direction."

Neteyam demonstrated, making a small ascent up the tree with ease. Almost gracefully.

"Then, after you have that down, grab a branch with both hands, opposite directions, and kick your feet up, landing on the next branch with feet. Hook your legs around at the ankles and swing yourself up, landing upright on the branch."

Once again, Neteyam demonstrated, his tail flicking happily as he climbed through the air.

He smiled down to Aonung, blushing as he looked at the others observant eyes on his body.
He knew it was to learn, but it felt like more.

Aonung gasped as Neteyam jumped down, landing on his feet with a smile.

"Now, you."

Aonung sighed, reluctantly grabbing onto the branch.
Neteyam nodded, already hovering above in on the second branch.

Aonung let out a curse under his breath, pulling himself up and setting his feet on the base of the tree.

He looked up to Neteyam, who only smiled.
"That's right. Continue."