Chapter Ten

Tsireya carefully set the plates down on the table, helping her family set dinner.
Soon, she sat by Aonung. Each offering their mother a smile as she put out food.
Tonowari soon walked in, sitting down with a happy smile.

"And what are you so happy about?" Ronal asked with a playful smile as she set Netiryi's gift on their plates.

It was a Leaf Cookie. A common meal in the forest clans.
A Leaf tightly wrapped around a fish, spicy season covering it as they sat in hot water.
It was delicious, or so the Sully family had told them.
Netiryi offered it as thanks to Ronal and her family, showing her gratitude for what they did for Neteyam.

Tonowari clapped his hands together, a smile tugging at his lips.
"Tomorrow night, there will be a celebration."

Aonung and Tsireya both looked up from their plates, giving each other a quick glance before returning to their father.
"A celebration for what?"

Ronal gasped, a smile forming as she giggled.
"I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you. Neteyam is fully healed."

Aonung and Tsireya both smiled to each other, laughing as they high fived.
Full credit to Lo'ak.

Tonowari silently agreed, gaining the familiar attention once more.

"Netiryi and I had a conversation. In the forest, when a warrior recovered, they would hold a feast and celebration. They would talk, sing, and dance."

Ronal smiled at the idea, catching on quicker than her off-spring.
Recognizing this, Tonowari continued.
"The Sully's are holding one and we have all been invited to attend. Us and the village."

Tsireya turned to Aonung quickly, giving her brother a hug as she soon quieted down. Remembering they were eating.

Aonung, like his family, let the conversation end. All of them picking up the..leaf.

Ronal was the first to take a bite, her mouth stilling before she smiled. Using her thumb to wipe the water from her lips.

"Well? Don't keep us waiting too long." Tsireya joked, smiling as she waited for her mother's opinion.

They all did. Their mother's opinions were the harshest.

She swallowed the bite, setting down as she looked around the table.
"It's very good. Has some spice as well. But it's not bad with the water and salt from the fish."

Aonung hesitantly picked it up, feeling the rough leaf beneath his fingers.
"And the..leaf?"

Ronal laughed, taking another small bite as she continued.
"Adds a bitter taste. But, it works well. Go ahead, eat."

And they did.

It was good. Soon, they finished the whole table.
Tsireya and Aonung quick to clean.

°^°^°^°^°^°

Tsireya leaned over to her brother as their parents laid down, keeping her voice a whisper.
"Are you going to go? To the Sully's celebration?"

Aonung looked down to his sister, surprise on his face.
"Why wouldn't I? They're showing their ways. It would be rude to decline."

Tsireya cocked her eyebrow, her lips smirking as she went back to clearing the table.
Handing Aonung the dishes as she did.
"It has no reason to do with Neteyam?"

Aonung tensed, a blush rising to his face. He flicked water to his sister, smiling as she shielded herself.
"Of course it does. We're..close."

Tsireya placed a hand on his back, making a calm expression as she lowered her voice to an octave Aonung didn't know she could reach.
"It is okay to love him, Aonung. You have accept Lo'ak and I, we will accept you both as well."

His Angel Eyes {A Neteyam and Aonung Love Story}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara