Nightmare

Violet sat in a cold, dark room. Her jet black hair slowly turned red as it absorbed her blood. Her left eye remained dormant, staring into the forever expanding blackness that surrounded her as her right one filled with fear. Petrified, her body shook whilst silently screaming for the agonising pain to stop. The blood drizzled down her arms like a river and created a ocean of liquid around her. Suddenly a group of girls appear out of thin air, dressed in a school uniform similar to hers. The newly appeared figures were laughing and growing bigger by the second as their Cheshire cat grins curled at the edges. But their eyes were shaded by their fringes.

"Look at her! I was told she saw her family die. So sad." One of the girls said mockingly.

"Well I heard that she killed them herself. I wouldn't be surprised, just look at the state of her. She looks like she could be one of those crazies." Another looked down at her in disgust.

"Look, she even wears an eye patch, I wonder what's under it." A third girl said, her grin forming into a malicious sneer.

"I wouldn't touch her, she brings misfortune to everyone around her. Just leave her to rot," The first girl scowls. "Ugly people don't belong here. Why don't you just bleed out like your family did?" Their laughter echoed around Violet as her right eye begins to tear up.

"I never asked for them to die! I didn't ask to be alone!" Violet shouts, but her cries were ignored. The girls slowly crept closer, switchblades appearing in their hands. It didn't take long for more scratches and cuts to appear on her already bleeding body.

"Get away!" Violet screams, trying to pull away from the figures. The girls ignore her pleas and continue to run their blades across her pale flesh. They cackle as they swing their feet into her stomach. Violet gasps for air, but her lungs burn casing her to hyperventilate. Her body trembles, her vision became foggy; the air was to thick to breath. She's then transported to an ocean of blood. She screams as she tries to swim up, but suddenly her red locks tie around her body, stopping her limbs from moving, and drag her further down. She opens up her mouth to let out a silent scream.
With a mind of its own, her hair continued to twine around her limbs, bringing her hands to her side, making her paralysed. With her last breath, she screams the last words that are carried to the surface of the water and continue to echo in the dark void.

"Save Me Kamigami!"

|||End of Dream|||

"Save me kamigami!" Violet sits up suddenly. Her body was hot, drenched in sweating as her body trembled. With shaking hands, she peels the covers off her body. Her teeth chattering as she looks around her room, still trying to register that it was just a dream.

Just one of her horrid nightmares.

It was always a nightmare.

A lost expression makes its way onto her face as she looks down at her scarred, bruised body. She traced her finger over the new ones she had redivided today, the blood already crusted over and dry.
The sound of loud footsteps echo down the hall and Violets panics, listening to the ominous thumping heading to her door. She knew what she was in for. The door swings open, the handle leaving a dent in the wall. 'Only 20 minutes'

"Violet! How dare you scream in my house!" Clair's green eyes pierced through Violets as her body became tense with fright. Clair picks up various objects from Violets chest of drawers and launched them at her small feeble body. "You piece of crap! How dare you! I put a roof over your head, provide you with food - and this is how you treat me! I'm going to make you wish you were never born." Clair's voice boomed through Violets room as she slowly made her way closer to Violet. Violet lifts her covers over her black hair, using the thin cream fabric as a shield from the hard objects thrown at her. But that never dimmed the pain.

Various thoughts flashed through Violets mind as Clair continued to shout at the petrified girl. 'I want them all back! I want my family, my friends! I want my life to go back to how it was... Why can I only ever be given despair?' 

"Are you even listening to me? You ugly, stupid girl! How dare you act all high and mighty! You are no longer an heir of the Blanks, so stop acting like one!" Clair shrieks. Violet peeks out from under the covers to see Clair standing next to her bed, her eyes burning with furry. The young girl shuffles back in her bed, pressing her back into the wall. But that didn't stop Clair from reaching out and slapping her across the face. Clair growls at her, scrunching up her face in disgust as she picks up the belongings she'd thrown and dumps them out the window.
Violet scrambles out from her bed, falling over the crumpled covers she used as a shield weekly.

"Stop! Please stop! Clair!" Violets voice broke as Clair scowls at her in disgust. Violets legs tremble and her lip threatens so spill out useless whines. "Why? Why me?" Violet whimpers. 'I never asked for this... I never asked to be adopted...' "Why do you hate me?" Violet asks herself as she cluches her black hair, curling up into a ball next to the edge of her bed. The window is slammed closed but Violet didn't move. She new she shouldn't of spoken up as now she new shed angered Clair even more.

"How dare you! I adopted you out of kindness! And this is the thanks I get, from you, a stupid girl!" Clair slaps Violet across the face once more before storming out. Violet sat their in shock, lifting her hand to her cheek only to flinch in pain at the stinging sensation. Violet looks at the door as she hears the steps appear again. The girl scrambles into her bed once again, backing away into the corner and pulling the covers around her body. Her body was in agony.

"No food for two days and you are grounded! And no leaving this room!" Clair shouts as the door makes an ominous clicking noise. Her step slowly dimmer as she walks down stairs and slam the kitchen door. Violets body was still tense as she was still in shock, in her bed, and looks around the room. Violet cautiously removed the covers from her trembling body and moved slowly as not to make a noise or agitate any of the marks on her body. She walks to the door and lifts a pale hand to the cold circular door nob. Violet shakes the door nob, then starts pulling harder as it would not budge. The light from the hallway shined into her room from the cracks in her door so she looks at the keyhole to see that the chunky key was left in the hole and the door was locked. Violet cluches her head as a wave of nausea went over her, so she slowly stumbles over to her bed, trying not to open up any of the wounds on her body from the knifes that had cut her body from the week prior. Violet lowers her body onto her bed as she scrunched her face in pain. She lies on her back and grabs the one teddy that was left on her bed and holds it to her chest as she moves her hand under her pillow. Her hand touches the crumpled piece of paper that was their. She looks at it with a sad smile as she looks at the one thing that fills her with hope. 'I'll go to school tomorrow, and you'll all be their like you used to. I know it. You all promised.'

(A/N - I've made the poll for who you guys want Violet to end up with.

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/8414523/Save-Me-Kamigami

I hope the character you ship her with most gets picked~)