Frozen Waste

Violet sighs as she walks between the book shelfs, searching for Christmas ones. Her eyes light up as she spots the book she needs and reaches for it, stretching her arm up. She then frowns. 'I'm to short.' She smiles mischievously and puts the books down on the floor and places her foot on the bottom shelf and her hand to grab a higher shelf. She pulls herself off the floor and lifts her body up, using her left hand to hold onto the shelf and the right to grab the book. Her finger brushes the spine before she pulls it out, her face lighting. 'This book is perfect! It'll help them understand Christmas even better!' Violet thinks happily, only to feel the bookcase to wobble slightly. Her eyes widen in surprise and her arms flail before she falls back and waits for her back to hit the floor.

"Violet!" She feels arms wrap around her body, her body stopping for a moment before she felt her body make way to gravity again. She hesitantly opens her eyes to see Balder had fallen after grabbing her, and she was curled up on his chest, his arms around her body.

"Balder! Are you okay?!" Violet sits up, inspecting his body.

"I'm fine." He smiles sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

"Have you hurt yourself anywhere?" Violet asks, helping up the blonde.

"No, but my head does hurt a bit." Violet scrambles up and runs off for a moment, leaving Balder who sat owlishly on the floor before hearing her footsteps again. Violet crouches down in front of him, her bag in hand now, and searches through it before taking out a pot of something. It was hexagon shaped and blue, but her hand covered the name.

"Swallow it hole, don't chew." Violet instructs, giving him a blue circular object. Balder puts it in his mouth and swallows.

"Was that medicine?" Balder asks. Violet scratches her head.

"Something like that, but more psychological." Violet shrugs as she stands him up.

"Here you go." Balder smiles, passing her the book she tried getting earlier.

"Thank you." Violet smiles, then runs over to the book trolley and placing the book onto it.

"You like to help people, don't you?" Balder asks. Violet blushes in embarrassment as she slowly pushes along the trolley. "I noticed since we went to the Seaside school. You were very excited about getting fireworks for us, and helping any of us. It's very adorable." Balder smiles as Violets cheeks turn redder and redder.

"I'm happy to be of use." Violet admits, ajusting the bag on her back. "Just like with the Christmas festival. This will be a first since I've been able to help out with at school. It'll be fun, and everyone will join in. Can't you just see everyone bonding?" Violet asks, a giant grin on her face, but it unbeknownst to her.

"That happened judging the seaside school so I'm sure it will happen here too." Balder said and Violet hums in agreement.

"I hope we come up with good idea-" Violet looks up in surprise when she hears a rumble of footsteps and screams. A horde of spirit pupils gather around Balder, pushing Violet away, and leaving him with her books. The students chat happily away with Balder being stuck in the middle, and Violet trying to slip in through the gaps, but she gets thrown onto the floor. 'This is ironic. Normally I'd be in the centre and attempt to get out when people swarmed around me at school, but this time everyone's smiling and happy to see Balder whilst I'm being thrown out.' Violet grits her jaw as she crawls across the floor and the students continue to complain at something Balder said. She gets to the middle and smiles when she sees Balder. "Balder!" She whisper/shouts, her hand outstretched to him. They quickly escape the bumble of students and retreat to a near by empty hallway and breath heavily, but Violet sighs in relief.