My Two Selfish Wishes

(A/N - The song I choose for this chapter, you're meant to listen to it went she plays the guitar and writes the song. It's Hysteria by Nano acoustic version.)

Violet stares blankly at her ceiling after her short, dreamless sleep. She goes to sit up but hisses in pain as she strains the bruises on her muscles. Moving more carefully now, Violet sits up and rubs her eyes, letting out a yawn. She looks around her room to see some objects were still on the floor. She sighs and moves her legs off the bed and winces when she stands. She looks down to her visible skin and frowns. She didn't know when this would end, but she hoped to god it would be soon. She picks up her eye patch from her cabinet and places it gently over her left eye before walking to her door. She jiggles the lock, and to her surprise, it opens. Violet cautiously makes her way down the hall and towards the kitchen, peeking around the door just in case her foster family were their. Thankfully, they weren't, but what was made her stomach coil. In the middle of the kitchen was her beloved mau cat, Anubis. Violet falls to her knees and gently leans down towards the cat and strokes it, watching for any sign of movement. But their wasn't. She holds back her sadness and buries it within.

"I need a box." She spoke hoarsely. She eventually found one which used to contain Anubis' cat food and places the dead pet inside. Putting the lid on the box she places it by the back door and pats the box before making her breakfast. After eating she cleans all of the kitchen then looks at the clock on the wall. It read quarter to five so she walks up to her room to get ready for her morning clothes. She smiles slightly as she takes out her water bottle and fills it. Just this task alone made her feel better as she approaches the back door. Then her features fall once again as she grits her teeth, trying to ignore the cardboard box by the the door. It was half past five when she returned from her run with an empty bottle in hand. She felt saw with pain but ignored it as she grabs a packet of pills and takes two before getting changed for school. She wore a black blazer, black jumper, black trousers and her white t-shirt. She yawns as she picks up her bag and grabs an apple from the fruit bowl and starts her forty minute journey to school. Violet clutches her bag straps and looks both ways before crossing another road. Violet goes into her pocket on the left side of her blazer and takes a quick look at the picture lying in there. It was a picture of her, Haley, Alyssa, Katie and Lola.
Her best friends.
Then Violet frowns as she remembers that they're no longer here. In fact she had no idea where her friends had disappeared off to. The only person that remembered them was her. Violet doubted that they were even real people, just imaginary friends, as they were the only ones that talked to her and were nice to her. Violet made her way to the pharmacy and brought a first aid kit before passing through the town and towards her school.

|||Time Skip|||

It was lunch time and Violet went to the library to do some revision for her lessons. The library is where she felt most comfortable in. It reminded her of old memories and the smell of books and knowledge surrounded her and she lets her lips curl into a tiny smile. Violets eye drifts around the room as she had finished with revising for her maths exam she had this week. Violet started thinking what her friends would do if they where hear. 'Katie, you'd probably get annoyed with me just sitting here, shouting "Get up and run!" Violet thinks to herself whilst putting her hand over the picture. She slowly rises from the chair she was sat in and walks along the halls to a different room she loved to be in. 'If I can't make Katie happy, I might as well start writing a song for Lola and Haley'. However before she could get any further she was stopped by a bunch of girls in the corridor.

"Hey you, Spotty!" One of the girls says, who appears to be the ring leader stops Violet. "I saw you earlier and you were staring at my boyfriend, weren't you?"