Chapter five, "let the chase begin"

——————
Sky, present day
——————

Sky had just remembered his encounter with Prapai when he realized that his wings could vanish again.

He was about to leave the stall but not before recalling how Prapai had let him leave and wondering why.

Sky had been so shocked when Prapai had just let him leave like that, without anything as payback except Sky's name. Of course, Prapai had asked Sky a dozen more questions before fully letting him go, but Sky had not answered any of then.

Prapai had asked for Sky's number and address as well, but Sky being the stubborn person he was pointedly refused.

Then, Sky had gotten back home and wanted to text Rain, but he was so tired he just passed out the moment his head touched the pillows in his nest.

——————

"Disappear" Sky whispered walking out of the stall.

Sky realized that his geometry class finished, so he hurried into the room to grab his stuff.

"Mr. Wasu, are you okay? How is your stomach feeling?" Mrs Kenney said the moment Sky walked in.

"I'm so sorry to miss the lesson miss, as for my stomach, it still hurts but now I feel much better. Is there any homework for us?" Sky says

"I am quite certain that you already did everything that you need for two classes ahead, so go home and get better, okay?" Mrs. Kenney says

Sky walks out of the room, thanking his teacher. He swings his bag over his shoulder and catches up to Rain who is leaning on a wall next to the door.

"How are you?" He asks

"Better," Sky replys curtly.

"Aren't you in a rush to get to Payu?" Sky questions as the two boys start their way toward the exit.

"Yea, well... it's not like I'll be late or something," He answered

"I know you are worried about me, and that's the reason you didn't go. Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself, go see Payu." Sky mutters

Rain narrows his eyes at him as they walk through the front doors.

But nothing could have prepared Sky what happens next.

There, in front of the school stands the guy Sky met two nights ago. Prapai.

What is he doing here?

Sky thinks.

Sky watched as Rain bounces over to Prapai.

And how does Rain know who he is?

"Hi Prapai." Says Rain sweetly.

"Sky this is Prapai. He is Payu's best friend."

Oh that explains it.

"Prapai, this is-"

"Yea, he's Sky, I know." Prapai interrupts.

"How did you know?" Rain asks curiously

Sky glares Prapai straight in the eyes.

If he dares tell Rain anything.... He will be dead by tomorrow morning.

Prapai sees his glare and chuckles.

"You just introduced me to him, and you said his name," Prapai says calmly

"Let's get going Rain, shall we?" Sky says, tugging on Rains white jacket.

"What?" Rain asks

"Didn't you say you wanted to meet Payu? Sky asks, exasperated

"Yea, but shouldn't I drop you off first? It's late." Rain says

"Rain are you deaf?" Sky questions, "What have I just said before this? I am NOT a child, and I don't need you to take me home."

"Pleaseeee Skyyyy" Rain whined

"Don't worry Rain," Steps in Prapai
"I'll take Sky home. Go see Payu."

Rain looks at Sky, then at Prapai, as if asking confirmation.

Sky think about Rain, wanting to get to Payu desperately, but still worried about his friend. Sky didn't like worried Rain, and didn't want Rain waiting so Sky sighed and nodded.

"Fine...I'll go with Prapai..." Sky half whispers half hisses.

Prapai puts on a giant smile at that.

Sky grimaces, and waves Rain goodbye.

It is when Sky is in Prapai's car and Prapai asks his address Sky starts to regret his decision.

If he gives Prapai his address, the other will know where he lives, and that's never good when it comes to a playboy. He gets to know you, pretends to love you, and then shatters your heart in the cruelest possible way. Well, Prapai, you can't get at Sky! He will do all possible things to get rid of you! You messed with the wrong boy!

Even though Sky regrets not going with Rain, it's to late to back off. So, without further ado, he gives Prapai his address.

"Can I have your number tooooo?" Prapai whines, making baby eyes at Sky.

Sky just snorts and turns his head away. Not in embarrassment, or anything of the sort. No. Sky turns his head at the stupidity of this situation.

When they arrived, Sky expects to hop off and get to his dorm as fast as possible. But no. Heck no.

Prapai has to open the door for him. He has to walk beside him to the entrance of the building. And he absolutely has to stand this close to Sky.

Uhh!

"Will you stop it already!" Sky says angrily at Prapai.

"Stop what?" Prapai answers with a smile so large Sky wants to hit his pretty face.

Uhhhhh

"Stop following me! Just go home already! I am not interested in anything you have or do!"

"Really?" Prapai says smirking

He moves closer to Sky's ear and Sky pulls away quickly, giving Prapai a small smack on the head

"Ow!" Prapai says, offended

Sky snorts and gets his key card out to unlock the other door.

A hand stops his. Prapai whirls Sky around, and makes Sky face him.

"What?" Sky asks, annoyed

"Can I please have your number? Pleeeeaseeee????? Pretty please?"

Sky just looks at his puppy eyes and laughs

It's time for him to take extreme measures, otherwise he was sure Prapai would not stop.

"Fluff nah! Like I need someone like you in my life!" Its Sky's turn to smile.

"I know what people like you want. Well guess what? I am never, - I repeat - never, letting someone like you into my life just to get thrown out afterwards. My heart is protected. No breaking or stress. I don't need you in my life. There. Happy?"

Prapai looks kind of hurt, but then puts himself together and says "Well, you might not want me, but I want you. And I get what I want."

Sky snorts for the umpteenth time that day.

"Ha!" He says "We'll see about that"

With a final scoff he closes the door behind him. Leaving Prapai alone.

——————-

"That's how you want to play, huh? Then let the chase begin" Prapai thinks with a grin, and walks off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 1237