Chapter ten, the dream

——————

Sky was slumped against the bathroom wall when Prapai called, because he had very high temperature and couldn't stand well.

"Are you okay, Sky?" Prapai's question was sort of muffled by the door, but Sky heard it well enough, because now every single sound seemed to be twenty times louder in his ears.

Sky's head hurt, his eyes were red, and his nose was blocked, so he kept sniffling.

"'M fine." He answered, even though he clearly wasn't.

"You've been there for maybe fifteen minutes now! I'm worried!"

"Not my problem." Sky replied, with an attempt on a sassy voice.

"What are you doing there? I don't here any movement or noise, so I really have no idea."

"I'm not telling you." Sky said, and looked at his wings, thinking.

He had to prove to Pai that he was feeling well, because he knew otherwise he won't leave. But how could Sky come up with anything, when even his thoughts were all smooshy and dim?

Sky knew his temperature was rising, but he couldn't go back to the bedroom as his purple feathers wouldn't disappear in another ten or so minutes.

Uhhhh!

"Okay, I'll stop bothering you, just come out so I can see you're okay!"
Prapai said.

When Sky didn't reply, he heard a loud sigh on the other side of the door.

"Sky, I doubt that you are standing up now, so I think you are on the bathroom floor. It's cold, and you must be very tired. Please come out. I promise I won't do anything bad to you. Please, Sky?"

Sky knew that answering would make his voice ache, so he didn't. He just ignored Pai's questions.

However, when he knew that his wings could disappear again, he hoarsely whispered "Vanish" and stood up from the floor in a struggle.

When Sky finally unlocked the door, the second he stepped out he was greeted by Prapai, and the other rushed to his side immediately.

Prapai wrapped his arms around Sky's body, in an attempt to help steady the other.

Sky felt himself relax into the touch because there seemed to be something different about Prapai. He had this - Sky couldn't properly explain  - Scent? No, it was more like an aura. Yes. Sky had no idea how he felt it, or why it seemed so pleasant to him. So strange! It might be another bird thing...

Then Sky remembered who Prapai was, a bad person, rich guy, and most importantly, a playboy, and that Sky was not letting Prapai get to him.

Sky was feeling weaker and weaker by the moment, and he hated it. His arms could barely find enough strength to push Pai away. Then, Prapai's arms circled closer around Sky. The pleasant aura flooded Sky's nose and he had to try his best not to lean in.

Persistent brat!

Sky thought, but let Prapai help him get to the bed and settle him down.

"There, there, Sky. Sleep now, you are probably very tired." Said Prapai as he tucked Sky under the covers.

"Get lost" Was the last thing Sky whispered as he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

——————
Prapai POV
——————

I was dead worried when Sky didn't come out of the bathroom after twenty minutes. When Sky did however, I helped him get to bed without hesitation or scolding. I don't understand what has happened to me.

This guy makes me go nuts.

As Sky fell asleep, I studied his face features, and trailed my finger over his jaw. His skin was soft and warm to the touch, and I leaned in closer to smell his scent. It was sweat, and smelled like something which I thought was coconut. I leaned in closer, and I realized that I wanted to kiss him so badly.

I don't know why, but I find him so adorable and sweet, though strong and smart at the same time. I can't resist it. As I said before, the more he pushes me away, the closer I want to get to him. I want to know his secrets so badly, and comfort him when bad dreams come. I want to help him in any way I can. I really really want to know him.

"So why doesn't he let me?" I think, as I gently stroke his hair.

Why can't he see that I don't just want to play?

I leaned in even closer, so our noses almost touched. How pretty he looked when he was asleep. The man is torturing me!

As though on cue, Sky opened his beautiful black and golden eyes and looked at me.

"Please don't do anything, Pai..." he whispered, his breath hot against my neck, and closed his eyes again.

Aaaaaa!

Now you see what I mean about him making me crazy?

I jumped up before I could break my promise to myself and Rain, and ran my hands hurriedly through my hair.

"Bathroom" I said quickly running out of the room.

——————
3rd Person POV
——————
When Prapai returned, Sky was in bed, trashing. Another dream had struck him, and this one was - if it's actually possible - even more horrid than before.

Gun was standing there, a glint of a knife in his hands, just like that time. The time he accused Sky of being monstrous, of being nonhuman trash, of being utterly worthless. Sky remembered the swoosh of a knife handle, the blood that pooled and soaked his bare chest, and the pain that came with it. Again, it happened, again, and again, and again, until Sky's scars were screaming in pain because he felt like his flesh was cut over and over and over. He wanted to run, to scream, to hide. But he knew, that day just as well as now, that when he revealed who he actually was, everyone would hate him. So he let the dream continue. He was useless, just like Gun said, so why not get all the pain he deserved? Huh?

Prapai immediately jumped over to Sky to see what's wrong. Just like before, Sky didn't seem to react to his touches or words.

Sky rolled around, his eyelids pressed together tight, and a slight hiss escaping his lips. His hands kept on trembling, and were crossed over his chest, like he was trying to protect himself. He tossed and turned, and gasped once in a while.

Prapai had had enough. He couldn't stand seeing Sky like this, and even when he tried shouting again, nothing seemed to be able to wake the other male.

Tears started rolling down Sky's cheeks, and he kept mumbling something Prapai couldn't understand. Pai was on the verge of tears himself, for some reason. He was so worried.

What should he do? Sky didn't react to any of his words or touches.

Prapai shook Sky again, and then tried the last thing he thought might work.

He smashed their lips together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back!
Wattpad is working, so I'm happy now. Chapter 10 is here, and I'll start with 11 right away since I skipped a lot of days.

Please tell me if there are any spelling or grammatical errors on any of the chapters, I will fix them.

Thank you so much for the support and votes I got while I was away. I really love to write, but it's even better when people actually read it. Thank you so much again.

Word count: 1199