Chapter 22, Forever and ever together.

Everything hurt. Sky's body, bones, insides, skin and wings were all aching and Sky couldn't muster even opening his eyes. Even the energy spend on thinking was hard to find. So Sky didn't. He lay there, unable to understand what was happening around him, as his mind drifted away again into a dark, faraway place.

——————

When Sky finally woke again, some of his spirit and power had returned, so he could at least feel around him to find out where he was. He didn't want to open his eyes just yet, scared as he was to find the probably horrible setting he would be in.

When he did so, however, he was shocked to find to be laying on a soft mattress, half his body covered by blankets. It still seemed to be dark outside, but through his eyelids Sky understood that he was in a poorly lit room, the only light coming from something next to him. Then, Sky also felt a different presence in the room, so he prepared himself for the worst and peeked open his eyes.

Sky would've gasped if not for the fact that he was tired.

Right next to him on the bed in an unfamiliar room sat both the first and last person he wanted to see right now.

Prapai.

He was the first because Sky always felt warm and happy with him, but the last since he knew Prapai probably hated him now.

But, if he hated you, why would he be here?

Asked a small, hopeful voice in his mind, and before the other, more self hating voice could respond, Prapai moved seeing Sky was awake.

Pai sat on the other edge of the bed, staring at Sky's face, tears in his eyes.

Sky wondered why.

——————
Prapai third person
——————

Prapai stared at Sky's face absentmindedly, wanting but not daring to trace his jawline with his  fingers.

He still wondered at the idea of all that happened tonight. Part of Pai still thought that this was all a dream, both a nightmare and a fantasy.

His Sky had saved him, and now was lying, wounded on his bed.

Tears started forming in his eyes, but Prapai tried his best not to imagine what would happen to him if Sky didn't wake up. Pai knew he was breathing, but....

What if he fell into a coma?

What if he lost even more blood and would die soon?

Prapai's heart squeezed and wanted to wrench itself out at the thought of loosing Sky. Tears now shamelessly flowed down Pai's cheeks as he watched the sleeping figure and Pai thought of the worst.

Prapai's eyes strayed back to the blue, purple feathers, and the bullet holes that were left in the sensitive feather and bone. He stared, still both shocked and awed, proud and guilty, sad and angry.

Pai couldn't believe that this was actually real. He couldn't believe his Sky had such a big secret hidden from him, but at the same time, he wouldn't have believed Sky even if he did tell him, if he didn't see proof.

Like....Magic?

Pai strained to touch Sky, to comfort him, and most of all, to make sure he was still alive, to take him to the hospital, but he couldn't.

He needed to let Sky rest, to sleep, meanwhile still processing the impossible that happened.

Pai gazed at Sky's face, and his heart fluttered when he saw the other open his eyes. He let out a sigh of relief and his heart did a backflip, and he felt like a giant stone was removed from his back.