Chapter seventeen, I think I like him

Prapai stroked Sky's hair, and Sky wondered wether this man actually had a side like Gun did. The murderous, killer side. It seemed unlikely, but Sky knew better then to trust his own mind now.

He looked at Prapai again and decided, or more like admitted, that he liked Prapai.

He did.

The caring, sweet older man had been so helpful and gentle with Sky, in a way he had never experienced before. His always-present smile was warm and charming, and his brown eyes glowed. Sky was now sure this person would not hurt him. Would not hurt him if he didn't know.

Unlike with his ex, Sky was not willing to tell Prapai. He had learned his lesson about his wings. They had to stay secret and safe. So, Sky thought:

"He doesn't have to know....Does he?

What if I don't tell him?

What if I can finally be happy?

What if he doesn't ever find out, and we end up together?"

"Would that even work?" Sky wondered, searching his brain for answers.

"If he doesn't know, and I convince him that my disappearances every 3-4 hours are not important, can we actually have a chance?"

I hope so.

No matter how much his mind and heart battled, his lonely, and love-seeking heart won.

Sky wanted an end with the suffocating loneliness and the little sayings like 'Me, myself, and I, don't need anyone else.' He wanted to end the nightmares that came for him. He wanted to end with the memories of suffering, betrayal, and self disrespect.

He didn't know if finally allowing Pai into his life would end that. Sky didn't know, so all he could do was hope.

"I won't tell him, and we'll be happy." Sky wished so desperately.

——————

Still wrapped up in Pai's warm hug, and even after calming down, Sky hesitated.

"He doesn't have to know." His mind said for the 1000th time.

So, without further ado, he gave in to Prapai. He couldn't tell him that he loved him, because Sky wasnt 100% sure himself, and yet... He wanted this to continue, somehow.

Sky still didn't know how to frase this, so his words came out unsure and quiet.

"I...umm....I won't push you away anymore. Pursue me all you like."

But Prapai heard them anyway.

Pai looked 'pleasantly' baffled. That was an understatement, actually. He raised his eyebrows, and his eyes were opened wide, as if asking if he heard Sky right.

It was actually kind of amusing, and now that Sky finally came to his decision, he let that amusement show.

Pai looked even more shocked.

Then, putting himself together, his face lit up with a grin.

Sky gave a weak, embarrassed smile, but that was enough for Prapai to wrap him up in his arms again.

Sky really liked this feeling. The warmth and love and light, mixed together, and he felt that something inside him stir again, stronger this time, and the something wove through his body and send tingles though his skin. It felt like millions of tiny fireworks.

The strings, or whatever they were, were pleased now. They had been earlier, but they seemed to know and approve Sky's choice. He had never had this much affection from anyone, and, fluff! He genuinely loved it.