Chapter eleven, the lullaby

The blood trickled down Sky's chest, and slowly pooled on the floor. He was steadily loosing consciousness but watched as Gun laughed and squatted down beside him. Gun's grin stretched even wider as he saw how much blood Sky has lost.

"So, monster, ready to die?" Guns words rung in Sky's dream, as well as his memory.

Though, in his memory, he had less black spots in his vision, and he remembered less physical pain. In his memory, he was still able to stand up as Gun pulled the knife closer. He was able to run to the balcony and fling himself over the barrier, into the night. Now, however, he had lost too much blood. Way too much blood. He could barely move his body, so Sky could only weakly whine in protest as Gun raised the knife handle even higher.

Sky closed his eyes together and groaned as Gun slid the cold metal over his left wing. Slowly, agonizingly, so more blood collected on the floor. Sky groaned again, trying to thrash as Gun held him down.

"Help!" Sky tried to scream, but only small pained mutters came out.

Gun raised his weapon again, this time over Sky's head, and Sky couldn't do anything. He was helpless. He was hurt everywhere. He was beat, he was cut, he was powerless. And he felt like he deserved some of it. But as the shock and panic and howling pain started collecting, and the tears in Sky's eyes fell harder than ever, he wanted it to stop. To end. He wanted Gun out of his life like he had never wanted someone out before. He hated Gun, and he hated himself and his wings.

Someone, please end this. Either let me die, or..... - Just don't let me suffer.

Sky thought as he closed his eyes shut.

And then, something happened. This was definitely not part of Sky's memory and he knew it, because the touch was gentle, yet insistent.

Gun had kissed him.

What? Gun would never. He had just abused Sky, and hurt him so much, and now he kissed him? This was so confusing. Sky couldn't understand. He stilled and stoped struggling. He must be hallucinating since, once again, Gun would never kiss Sky knowing what he was.

Then, as Sky started to black out because of blood loss, he realized this kiss was different. This was not only gentle, in a way, it also held a different aura and feeling to it. A feeling of fullness and belonging. As well as a feeling of health, and Sky's scars stopped throbbing for a second. Sky had felt it before, he was sure, just not with Gun. He still didn't move, too confused to understand anything, but didn't stop Gun either.

Or was it really Gun?

Sky carefully opened his eyes, and realized he was back in his dorm, not Gun's house. And the person who had just let go of his lips, was Prapai.

Sky stared at him, astonished. He knew the kiss had woken him up, but how could Prapai do some like this to his heart? It was already battered and lonely, and Prapai was a playboy who faked caring.

But what if he actually does care?

A part of Sky's mind whispered.

What if he actually cares?

Don't be silly, Sky. Did you see Pai? He's rich and unloyal, and will break your heart the moment he gets it.

But Sky realized he wanted to believe it's not true. He wanted someone to love him for who he was.

Who he really was....

That's impossible. Even if Pai did actually love him, he wouldn't after he found out what type of winged monster Sky was.