Nineteen

Saraphine

"You can't ignore him forever, Star," Saraphine mumbles in my ear as we stand at the nurses station and my phone vibrates once again. After his eleventh call today I had to explain to her I just didn't want to be apart of his life anymore besides working in the hospital. She pressed the issue like any good best friend would, begging for me to indulge her in the reality of what happened. I lied and said he's just too dangerous for me, and I used my bipolar theory from early on.

"He just acts like two different people, it's hard to explain." Now at least that wasn't a complete lie when I had told her.

"Says who?" I scoff. This is my phone, I control who's on it and who's not.

Saraphine laughs and I send her a death glare. "He is the Don, when he gets fed up he'll get in contact with you- best believe. Incoming," she nods her head to the stretcher being rolled into the emergency department.

Apparently Matt drove me home yesterday, just another person that now knows where I live. I was fucked up. I threw up three times and passed out on the bathroom floor. I somehow still woke up and made it to work only an hour late.

I vaguely remember me crying in the back of his car with Cameron. Matt was begging us to shut the fuck up, and I guessed that caused me to cry harder and ask him why he's so mean.

The Don called me once Matt dropped me off, so I'm assuming he told him. I didn't expect anything less. He values his life so I respect his decision.

In my drunken state I answered the phone but didn't say a word. I just listened to Axton, or Amir, someone, saying my name over and over again till he got mad and hung up, just to call again afterwords.

It's funny to see the Don acting like a high schooler that just got broken up with. Calling my phone like he pays the bill. Texting me telling me to answer.

He's probably scared I'm going to tell the world about him and his doppleganger. Fortunately for him, I value what life I have and won't lose it over him playing a stunt double.

The day drudges on a lot slower than usual. These days are far and in between. Everyone must be taking a day off from selling drugs and murdering rivals, maybe they're spending time with their wives and children. All I know is that not many of them are here.

Five o'clock comes around and I head to grab my things, shocked to be leaving on time. As I walk to my car my heart races, Axton's buff body leaning up against it with a cigarette in his mouth. He takes a puff as he watches me approach, flicking it to the ground.

"Your phone doesn't work?" He asks. No hi, hey, kiss my ass, just straight bullshit.

"It works very well, I can even watch it ring. You're blocking my door," I nod to the handle I'm trying to reach and his face remains hard.

"Stop fucking playing with me, Scarlett. Get in my car." He grabs my arm, leaving no room for remarks as he pushes me into the backseat of his car.

Rude bitch.

My body stills once I see there's already another person in the front. It's the other one.

I groan in annoyance as they speed out of the parking garage.

It's awkwardly quiet and I'm hoping they aren't expecting me to speak first. I have no intentions other than to sit here in aggravation.

Such a good day, ruined by two of the sexiest men I've ever come across. Such a shame.

I'm not shocked as we pull up to their house. They open their doors and the one in the passenger seat opens mine. I slowly exit the car, following them into the cabin.